Sport (single or multi) near Bern or Luzern, Switzerland?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jaredk 27 Aug 2022

Girlfriend and I have some time (half day today, full day tomorrow, and half day Monday) to get some climbing in while in Switzerland.

we’re comfortable in Portland up to 6b+, and have done a few 6c, and did Red Rain (6c+) in Swanage. 

I have experience multi-pitch and Trad (in the cascades), though it’s been 6 years since I’ve done those. 

We’re driving to Thun right now, to a outdoor store to checkout out the Schweiz Plaisir guides. But hoping to get some firsthand experience advice. 

Also, I’ve always talked up alpine sport in the cascades, and when we drove through Grimselpass (with family) I was saying it reminded me of the Cascades a bit, and gf was v intrigued.

we’re happy to get on some fun easy stuff just to get some pitches in, rather than trying to bust our grades. 

any advice is much appreciated 

Cheers!

HeMa 27 Aug 2022
In reply to jaredk:

Grimsel, Furka and Nuneffen passes plus the correct Swiss Plaisir should get you sorted.

note, Most are granite and slabs, so a tad different What you have climbed lately. There is also some more trad gear requiring stuff closer to been (Englevinger or something), with a cozy refuge at the bottom. I remember climbing there (before heading to Grimsel) with a random Swiss guy some 20 Odd years ago.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...