Solo Stanage Popular Height of Ben Nevis (1345m)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Hi Everyone,

in 2 weeks, 10th August, I'll be doing a sponsored climb to raise money to rebuild the library at my sons school. I'll be climbing the height of Ben Nevis in 24hrs at Stanage Popular end Stanage Popular, its 113 seperate climbs starting around Martello Buttress Martello Buttress (VS 4c) and working down towards Heather Wall Heather Wall (VS 4c) via all the classic areas. The soloing is in order to save time. If any of you could sponsor me that would be greatly appreciated, the link to my just giving page is:

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/carfield-woodland-library?utm_term=...

I'm aiming to raise £2000 though we actually need around £7000, so any and all help is  massive boost.

Thanks so much

Stuart

Tom Valentine 29 Jul 2019
In reply to Stuart Hutchinson:

You missed out a 3

In reply to Tom Valentine:

Sorted

A 3? you mean a grade 3?

The Height of Ben Nevis is 1345m, I expect it to take me around 14hrs including rests. 

Tom Valentine 29 Jul 2019

Your OP said you were going to do 11 routes but it's been edited for you.

tehmarks 29 Jul 2019

Oh, imagine if that were true...long multipitch gritstone? Yes please!

thepodge 29 Jul 2019

I think my mate's kids go to that school. I've stuck a few quid in the pot for you. 

Thanks Tom, 11 routes isn't very impressive

In reply to thepodge:

Thanks thepodge, really appreciate this, getting close to the target now.

tehmarks 30 Jul 2019
 Tom Valentine 30 Jul 2019

It would be for me these days

In reply to tehmarks:

Just read the article, that sounds incredibly arduous! I Completed the 1350m solo yesterday, 118 seperate routes at popular end, it took me 14hrs 22min, not bad but I wasn't rushing, really happy about it but absolutely blown today!

I Completed the 1350m solo yesterday, 118 seperate routes at popular end, it took me 14hrs 22min, not bad but I wasn't rushing, really happy about it but absolutely blown today! Had the support of a couple of very good friends, which helped hugely. I've decided to call it the Ben Everest Challenge in honour of a lovely boy called Isaac who was watching and supporting at Stanage yesterday and kept mistakign Ben Everest for Ben Nevis

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...