Snuff Mills Climbing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 samben6 31 Oct 2022

Hello, 

I was looking at the UKC page for Snuff Mills and trying to find out about the routes there, but couldn't find any topos or information about some of the walls. I've got info of most of the boulders there from the Esoteric Bouldering guidebook, but there's nothing about some of the walls in there (probably cause it's a bouldering not trad book). Anyone got any topos/info? 

WillD 31 Oct 2022
In reply to samben6:

The GWR Frome sandstone book has them in if you can get hold of a copy

Post edited at 21:34
OP samben6 01 Nov 2022
In reply to WillD:

Ah, I've never managed to find a copy as of yet, I'll keep looking. Thanks 

Jim blackford 01 Nov 2022
In reply to samben6:

The GWR Frome sandstone book had a limited print run and will not be printed again so its hard to get hold of. 

There is a topo for the sport climbing at snuff mills if you search around enough. I think this might work https://www.facebook.com/DicksClimbing/posts/930590310337503 but i'm not able to open google drive at work. 

As for the trad, the routes on Bridge buttress are very worthwhile and cobweb wall is excellent. Its probably possible to work out where they go using ukc description and photos.

Bisset 01 Nov 2022
In reply to samben6:

You could watch this video, if you've not seen it yet, for some psych on the place -  youtube.com/watch?v=n4eazOb64ag& 

OP samben6 01 Nov 2022
In reply to Jim blackford:

Nah, the drive has been deleted it seems. Thanks anyways though! 

springfall2008 03 Nov 2022
In reply to samben6:

I have the guide book, but Snuff Mills didn't look very good so I never checked it out.  It seems like there were better options in the local area.

Jim blackford 03 Nov 2022
In reply to samben6:

Hi Sam, i've emailed you with some more information about snuff mills. It is imo the best area in the frome valley (exlcuding bouldering) 

laurierw 21 Nov 2022
In reply to Jim blackford:

Hi Jim,

Any chance you could send me some info on this as well? Much appreciated!

leland stamper 22 Nov 2022
In reply to laurierw:

There is a newish free download available on the GWR website for Winterbourne area.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...