Scottish Government roadmap for COVID-19 easing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 drconline 21 May 2020

For those of us North of the Border, here's what the First Minister has announced regarding future (after 28th May) relaxation of the current lockdown... 

Based on this document...

https://www.gov.scot/binaries/content/documents/govscot/publications/strate...

The relevant section says:

Sport, culture and leisure activities: In this phase we are planning to allow unrestricted outdoors exercise adhering to distancing measures and non-contact outdoor activities in the local area – such as golf, hiking, canoeing, outdoor swimming, angling – consistent with the wider rules and guidance applicable to any activity in this phase.

Interesting that hiking made it in, so the debate now is whether climbing counts as non-contact outdoor activity I guess.

Discuss...

Dave

Hard Hawk 21 May 2020
In reply to drconline:

I’d take that to mean no spotting folk just let them deck 

alex7777 21 May 2020
In reply to drconline:

The guidelines for phase 1 state that you are advised to stay within 5 miles of your house for leisure purposes. In phase 2 are you allowed to drive locally (whatever that means) and then in phase 3 allowed to travel beyond local area for leisure purposes. There aren't any Munros or any climbing within 5 miles of my hoose!

ScraggyGoat 21 May 2020
In reply to drconline:

However the document suggests that travel should be limited to five miles (see section 'Getting Around' in the Annex):

'Permitted to travel short distances for outdoor leisure and exercise but advice to stay within a short distance of your local community (broadly within 5 miles) and travel by walk, wheel and cycle where possible.'

Post edited at 14:30
 tlouth7 21 May 2020
In reply to drconline:

While of course I would suggest people obey guidance as well as the letter of the law, the First Minister mentioned in response to questions that the 5 mile advice is just that.

OP drconline 21 May 2020
In reply to tlouth7:

Well even taking the 5 miles completely literally that's still 5 crags in scope that aren't at the moment, so I'm not complaining. There's even two of us in the house who can climb/belay so we're very lucky.

Of course I'm not saying which five Crags, in case all the other climbers living in the north of Glasgow turn up at them on the same day!

Strange times!

kwoods 21 May 2020
In reply to drconline:

About the only five to the north of Glasgow anyway. I live pretty close by as well. I guess see you there?! Cue crag honeypotting! 

Post edited at 17:32
OP drconline 23 May 2020
In reply to kwoods:

Yes you are correct - there's really not that much choice.. Unless you start to go really off piste.

DaveHK 23 May 2020
In reply to drconline:

Did we really need another thread on this when there's already two, one of which (the news story) it exactly the same theme.

Post edited at 08:35

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...