Sardinia (Cala Gonone + surrounding areas) guide book

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Richardlake 24 Aug 2022

Off to Sardinia in late sept, staying in Cala Gonone. Anyone got any advice on the best guide book for that area? We can probably drive an hour or so in each direction too to get some variety. Also, any great routes we should try??

snoop6060 24 Aug 2022
In reply to Richardlake:

I have the Cala gonome guidebook and won’t be going back so you can have it. But I’m really quite lazy and dislike going the post office! So if you happen to live in notts or know someone who does you can have it for a small donation to a charity of your choice. You just gotta come and get it.  Sorry! If I promise to post it I’ll just forget. 

Post edited at 09:26
 PATTISON Bill 24 Aug 2022
In reply to Richardlake:

Arrampicare a Cala Gonome but mine is a2002 edition from S

egnavia,purchased on line but sorry cant remember source.Fantastic climbing and if based in Cala you hardly need a car but useful to get to CALA lUNA ,but this can be done by boat.Loved the climbing Enjoy

OP Richardlake 24 Aug 2022
In reply to PATTISON Bill:

Great thanks for the info!

OP Richardlake 24 Aug 2022
In reply to snoop6060:

Im in sheffield so bit of a trek for a book! Thanks anyway!

PaulJepson 24 Aug 2022
In reply to Richardlake:

If you happen to need the Ulassai guidebook ping me a message. You can borrow mine and I'm in Sheffield. 

iainJ 24 Aug 2022
In reply to Richardlake:

While we had a guide between the group when we went, but primarily just used the online resources on climbingsardinia, which seemed up to date, extensive, and reliable in our experience https://www.climbingsardinia.com/topos/?doing_wp_cron=1661354415.0987861156... 

Would well recommend a trip down to Millennium Cave, and the route 'Sound Of Silence' (possible just on bolts), a bit inland and provides a nice change of setting and climbing to the sea cliffs.  

Stairclimber 25 Aug 2022
In reply to Richardlake:

About an hour away south will get you to Baunei. This is the starting point for trekking into Cala Goritze. A bit further down the road is the turning for Pedra Longa, with easy access to a sea cliff pinnacle with brilliant multi pitch climbs you can do with a single rope and more or less walk down from. Single pitch routes there also plus great swimming/jumping/snorkeling and a restaurant with topos at the car park. Highly recommended whatever grade you climb. Videos on YouTube are easy to find.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...