Safe South Wales E2/3's (not Pembroke)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Aled Williams 29 Jun 2020

Any suggestions of safe E2's and E3's in south wales but not in Pembroke.

Any good ones on the Gower or Ogmore way ?

Cheers 

Al

MischaHY 29 Jun 2020
In reply to Aled Williams:

I seem to remember that Nuclear Arms (E2 5c) was good and safe. 

ebdon 29 Jun 2020

Adulteress at Rohsilli? Although I found it a bit eliminate (not using the left arete at the crux) and not worth all the stars.

https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crags/trial_wall_area-3341/the_adulteres...

SDM 29 Jun 2020
In reply to ebdon:

> Adulteress at Rohsilli? Although I found it a bit eliminate (not using the left arete at the crux) and not worth all the stars.

I would agree with Adulteress. I don't remember it feeling at all eliminate though, don't remember feeling any need to go out to the arete. Sadly, I think Blackman's Pinch has now been bolted so the top section of Adulteress will now be on bolts.

Bodger Bob (E2 5c) at Wyndcliff quarry (E2/E3 depending on whether you lean across to the chains at the top) is a good one.

Any of the E2s and E3s at the quarry could qualify, although they aren't particularly inspiring and are often hybrid routes with a bolt or two or are short enough that they work better as boulder problems. At least they are usually dry.

You could also add in The Don (E2 5c)Pilgrimage (E2 5c)Shaft (E2 5c) and Mecca (E3 6a) at Wynd Cliff to make a good day of it.

Lankyman 29 Jun 2020

It's a long time ago but I remember Yellow Wall and Transformer at Mewslade being brilliant. Both E3 and don't recall any fear (just pump!).

OP Aled Williams 29 Jun 2020

Cheers everyone that's given me plenty of info to go off !! 

John Alcock 29 Jun 2020

Yellow Wall and Transformer are two of the best E3s in the country. To do the both in a day it helps to have big biceps!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...