Rivelin today - thanks all

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Derek Furze 30 Dec 2019

Cheers to everybody for support getting our team down to the road close today.  Robin was seen at Leeds hospital and a broken ankle diagnosed.  A slip on a descent can be damaging, so take care all.

climberchristy 30 Dec 2019
In reply to Derek Furze:

Hi Derek. Christy here. I was the guy who came over immediately after Robin's fall. My climbing partner Lynn was the lady who offered bag carrying help. Glad to hear Robin got to hospital ok. Shows how little I know as I agreed it didn't look broken! Please pass on my best wishes to Robin for a speedy recovery. Or...Robin, if you reading this ...all the best. Hope you're back at the crag soon. 

Cheers 

Christy 

OP Derek Furze 30 Dec 2019
In reply to climberchristy:

Thanks mate.  Everyone there was really helpful.  Other than a fair bit of pain there was still no sign of trauma by the time we were at the cars, but ankles can be tricky things!

Robin Thomson 31 Dec 2019
In reply to Derek Furze:

A heartfelt thanks to everybdy for assistance and  for helping me get off the crag and safely away from Rivelin yesterday. And a special mention to Derek and Gus for carrying me such long distances, I hope that your knees are on the mend!

I am now in hospital in Leeds where the final diagnosis is a rather complex ankle fracture, one operation took place today and another is pending. I have a longish journey in front of me but I WILL BE BACK.

Cheers Robin 

P.S. The care and devotion of the NHS staff here is simply  inspirational.

climberchristy 31 Dec 2019
In reply to Robin Thomson:

Goodness Robin...2 operations eh? Wishing you well. Good to see you sounding so determined to be back. I have no doubt you will be. Speedy recovery.

Cheers  

Christy 

Yanis Nayu 31 Dec 2019
In reply to Robin Thomson:

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...