Recycling old gear

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ned Eastwood 02 Oct 2019

Does anyone know of any firms that recycle old gear, I have quite a big bag of shoes (maybe 20 pairs), about a dozen DMM brenin harnesses some Camp helmets and a selection of other bits, I can just skip them but they're not in bad condition and it seems a waste.

muppetfilter 02 Oct 2019
In reply to Ned Eastwood:

The problem with safety critical items like harnesses and helmets is that they should have a traceable recorded history but shoes will always be in demand from schools, scouts or uni groups

enotsnad 02 Oct 2019

There are some little companies like https://madebyscavenger.com/ that upcycles a lot of climbing gear. Not sure about helmets but certainly harnesses and other soft good. They've seem to have a good imagination so i;m sure they could take most if not all off your hands. They also have drop off points around the uk so should be fairly easy to offload it all.

There are other companies as well, have a google around...

Other than that local scout groups will probably be happy with shoes etc if usuable

Post edited at 11:14
 c9smith8 02 Oct 2019

Uni mountaineering groups love to take old climbing shoes. They're perfect for getting beginners climbing outdoors whilst protecting the rock!

If you happen to be near Bath at all we'd happily make use of them!

OP Ned Eastwood 04 Oct 2019
In reply to muppetfilter:

Yes; I was thinking more recycle for other uses rather than passing them to someone to reuse. But thanks I think I've found a firm who will have them now.

In reply to c9smith8:

Unfortunately not.

In reply to enotsnad:

Thanks I've emailed them and they have a collection point fairly near where we are.

AndyRoss 04 Oct 2019

I'd take the shoes for our Scout climbing team in Gloucestershire.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...