Raven's Scar brush up

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andysomething 18 Jul 2019

We cleaned up a few routes at Raven Scar yesterday

Monkey Nuts

Evening Wall (the bilberry on the ledge is too big to tackle though)

Waterslide LH start

En Passant (pretty good anyway)

Other popular routes are all very clean at the moment, Forest Face, Airlift, Ahab, Sam's stretch, Via Anna, Fever Pitch.  Next time we will have a go at fettling Lazy Bones, and maybe Groovesology and if necessary Harlot's Groove

Lemony 18 Jul 2019
In reply to Andysomething:

Brilliant work, shared with the NMC.

Graeme Hammond 19 Jul 2019

Nice work I gave  Satchmo decent scrub last year. A small block near the top which was being used as a runner slot came out as it was so dry the mud holding it in had contacted. Alternative gear is available. Certainly E2 though. 

Brilliant crag in the hot weather!

Post edited at 08:11
OP Andysomething 19 Jul 2019
In reply to Graeme Hammond:

Been three times already this year and plan to go again, once you get used to the rather intimidating atmosphere (cf Scugdale and the Wainstones), it's got a lot to offer, like you say great in hot weather, climb in the shade and bask on belay.

Rib1356 19 Jul 2019

Great to hear! Looking forward to getting up there and ticking off some more classics.

Chris Shorter 21 Jul 2019

I see you did these routes with Mike Took and Tony Marr. I’m pretty decrepit myself but those two must be well ancient! Good to see they are both still active.

Chris

OP Andysomething 21 Jul 2019
In reply to Chris Shorter:

Very much so. They are out twice a week most weeks in the NYM I'm the baby of the gang

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...