Public Transport to Stone Farm—walking from Kings

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 moberg 10 Sep 2020

Does anyone know if there's a direct path from Kingscote Station to Stone Farm? Google walking directions gives a circuitous 2.7 miles, but it looks to me on satellite view as if there might be a more direct route of about a mile. I'm trying to work out if we can take our daughter there. I wouldn't want to drag her the long way round, but a mile would be all right.  Stone Farm

Here's Google's route: https://maps.app.goo.gl/XtrXvj9kwjdLL5Qs6

XXXX 10 Sep 2020
In reply to moberg:

There's a bridleway but not direct. Probs about 1.5 miles. Obvious on an OS map.

tehmarks 10 Sep 2020
In reply to moberg:

The OS map suggests you should be able to do it by heading west from the station onto a bridleway heading south, then linking that with another bridleway heading east at Mill Place. Looks to be a smidge over 1.5 miles.

OP moberg 10 Sep 2020

Oh yes, I can see it now. Thanks for your replies, both of you. That route's probably slightly shorter than the one I had imagined too. 

Slarti B 10 Sep 2020
In reply to moberg:

Look at streetmap.co.uk, it has OS maps and is much better than Google for this sort of thing.  It shows footpath with much shorter route, South parallel to railway then East to Stone Farm. 

Enjoy

Trangia 11 Sep 2020
In reply to moberg:

Walking that road would not be a pleasant experience. Although only a minor road it is a rat run, narrow and carries quite a lot of traffic.

deacondeacon 11 Sep 2020
In reply to Trangia:

Was thinking the same thing. Not a road to be carrying a bouldering pad on your back lol

Will Hunt 11 Sep 2020
In reply to moberg:

I tend to use the Ordnance Survey overlay in Bing Maps for this sort of thing. Like streetmap.co.uk but an easier interface I find. The only issue is that you can't access the OS overlay on a mobile.

https://www.bing.com/maps?osid=bbb82881-a85e-465d-a494-c190cb233181&cp=...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...