Pinko Liberal Lockdown Climbing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Clauso 27 Nov 2020

The Grauniad are getting involved with this climbing thing:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/gallery/2020/nov/27/outdoor-climbing-in...

alan moore 27 Nov 2020
In reply to Clauso:

The jammy busterd.

TobyA 27 Nov 2020
In reply to Clauso:

I noticed that earlier, while doing my early morning pinko liberal thing of flicking through the Guardian app and having my coffee. I believe in one of the photos the chap is climbing "free solo style", but I forgave them that one as they never used the word "scale". 

Doug 27 Nov 2020
In reply to TobyA:

and he wasn't 'conquering' anything either (unless I read the captions too quickly). Plus points for a photo of a route I've climbed as well

wintertree 27 Nov 2020
In reply to Clauso:

Love the photo of the Wave at Bowden.  There's no mistaking it; I've never seen a feature quite like it elsewhere.

Max factor 27 Nov 2020
In reply to TobyA:

Sorry, not OK! That photo is captioned "He solo climbs the crag with no rope and no protection".

He is bouldering, and it's not even highball! The Guardian have done enough climbing articles to know better.   

Post edited at 12:30
 Wire Shark 27 Nov 2020
In reply to Max factor:

> Sorry, not OK! That photo is captioned "He solo climbs the crag with no rope and no protection".

> He is bouldering, and it's not even highball! The Guardian have done enough climbing articles to know better.   

And I would have thought a bouldering constitutes protection.

Quite funny though that they're using the same sort of language for a 10 foot boulder problem as they did for Honold on 3000 foot El Cap.

TobyA 27 Nov 2020
In reply to Max factor:

The Canada Crack photo, definitely "free solo style". 😀

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...