Paradise @ wallabrorow wrong name

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Godwin 12 Jun 2022

The first acsencionist named it Paradice, bucause some Para troops were dicing with death nearby 

Cake 12 Jun 2022
In reply to Godwin:

At the bottom of the page for  Wallowbarrow Crag the crag moderator is stated. Direct message them and they can look into it.

Post edited at 10:32
OP Godwin 12 Jun 2022
In reply to Cake:

Your officous tone would make me not wish to, but as Chris is a mate of mine, I might.

jon 12 Jun 2022
In reply to Godwin:

Officious...? It was simply concise.

Cake 12 Jun 2022
In reply to Godwin:

I thought I was just directing (admittedly concisely) you to one of the only people who could do anything about the problem. 

Perhaps I won't bother helping someone with a climb I've never heard of next time. I thought it was generous enough

Michael Hood 12 Jun 2022
In reply to Godwin:

It's always good to include as much history as possible about routes (especially if it's not going to consume paper), you could use the "Update Climb Info" link on that route's page.

However, pointing out spelling mistakes (or wrong word usage) doesn't look great when you misspell the crag's name 😁 - not with the pedantry that goes on at UKC, I'm surprised nobody's had a meltdown yet about it - fortunately it was obvious where you meant.

Post edited at 17:42
 mrjonathanr 12 Jun 2022
In reply to Godwin:

Nominative determinism at its finest.

Cake 12 Jun 2022
In reply to mrjonathanr:

Surely there's none finer than Mr Craggs.

FWIW my dad used to know a metallurgist called Mr Rust.

remus Global Crag Moderator 12 Jun 2022
In reply to Godwin:

I've updated the name (I think it's a bit tricky for a normal crag mod to change the name on an existing routes). Good historic detail, thanks!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...