Paklenika single pitch

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Stairclimber 06 Sep 2019

Soon off to Croatia and intending to spend some time in Paklenica. Can I do most of the easy access single pitch climbing with a 60m rope?

Also any particular non climbing recommendations for the general area?

Duncan Bourne 06 Sep 2019
In reply to Stairclimber:

I would say yes. I quick flip through the guide shows only a few over 30 m. However I would also say it is worth taking double ropes and a small rack for some of the larger mountain routes if you can. The routes around the shop area are getting quite polished

ElBarto 06 Sep 2019
In reply to Duncan Bourne:

I'd agree with that, the mountain routes in the area are great.

I hope you're not coming to soon as it's raining here in Paklenica at the moment . Well I'm actually in Zagreb awaiting a plane to Zadar but the forecast is much the same there.

Owen W-G 06 Sep 2019

My info is not up to date (I went in 2003) but we had one 50m rope and got loads of single pitch stuff done. 

tjekel 06 Sep 2019

Should be ok for close to all single pitches. For route lengths, here is an overview: http://www.plezanje.net/climbing/db/showCrag.asp?crag=695

Šljiva 06 Sep 2019
In reply to ElBarto:

Yup, massive storm trundling through. 

OP Stairclimber 07 Sep 2019
In reply to tjekel:

Thanks. Really useful.

ElBarto 07 Sep 2019
In reply to Šljiva:

Are you in Paklenica now? I remember meeting yourself briefly the first time I was here. I think you recommended Marko's place for me to stay at, I'm here again but staying somewhere else as tehre's only two of us this time.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...