/ Ondra bouldering video

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPsWEr_v_ak

I expect we've all seen this before, but I hadn't - how cool is Ondra?!

jcm

Gordon Stainforth 07 Jan 2020
In reply to johncoxmysteriously:

A wonderful happy celebration of pure climbing. I loved the 'Well tried, dude!' when he fell off – speaking to Adam Ondra of all people!

AlanLittle 07 Jan 2020

That's reminiscent of the stuff Johnny Dawes used to do on the Mancunian Way flyover in Manchester. There might be some snippets in Stone Monkey iirc. 

Even Johnny, however, couldn't climb 8B in approach shoes.

I love the way Adam is so clearly part of the local scene and has such evident respect for climbing history & tradition and for other peoples' achievements.

Post edited at 07:14
neilh 07 Jan 2020

Brilliant , ta for posting. 

GravitySucks 07 Jan 2020

If the 'best' climber in the world is the one having the most fun, then not only is Adam Ondra the best climber in the world he is also the 'best' climber in the world !

Excellent little video.

PaulJepson 07 Jan 2020
In reply to GravitySucks:

If you've seen him falling off routes when he was trying to flash 9a+ then there's an argument for him also being the 'worst' climber in the world :D

Mick Ward 07 Jan 2020

Loved it! Hanging out with some great people, trying to climb such an unusual, impossible looking feature. Even more precious as it rises from the quotidian concrete, yet,  "The movements are beautiful."  Right up there with Malcolm Smith in 'Splinter'. Happy days indeed. What climbing's all about. Thank you so much for letting us know about this. 

Mick

Carless 07 Jan 2020

That's a great little film - the joy he (they all) gets from climbing a lump of concrete

Jus 07 Jan 2020

So cool, thanks for sharing. Its like a concrete Clipperty Clop.

Kees 08 Jan 2020

And now the sit start...

There are some very nice episodes in this series. This certainly is one of the best.

henwardian 09 Jan 2020

I hadn't either. He's pretty cool :D

It's a great little video, I think lots of elements bring it together:

- A lot of the interaction seems genuine rather than staged.

- There isn't anyone telling us the climber in the video is the best/fastest/coolest/biggest balls in the world.

- Aside from the laughing confession at the end, there isn't any hamming up of the project as being worlds best/hardest.

- There isn't any pseudoreligious nonsense talk about the experience/dream/feeling/meaning of life/etc. (Americans are particularly bad for this but by no means alone).

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.