New crag how long does it take to include on ukc

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 joekell 10 Oct 2019

If you add a new crag on UKC how long does it usually take to appear on guide

Alex Riley 10 Oct 2019
In reply to joekell:

Usually up to a day or two.

In reply to joekell:

> If you add a new crag on UKC how long does it usually take to appear on guide

There are no crags in the queue waiting so I wonder if you mean something different.

What do you mean by "on guide"?

Alan

henwardian 10 Oct 2019
In reply to joekell:

Assuming you mean in a paper guidebook, it depends totally on where the crag is and how good the routes are. If it's a tiny chossheap with a 2 or 3 microroutes and a 2 hour walk-in in the North of Scotland it's probably never going to appear in a paper guidebook.

If it's somewhere with limited quality rock and more people, it'll just be a matter of when the next guidebook comes out... I'd guess between 5 and 10 years.

If it's somewhere isolated and you've put up loads of routes or you particularly want to publicise it but there simply isn't the audience to break even on your printing costs, you could take the Shetland approach and just write and publish your own guidebook to the area you have been devloping. Or you could create an online guide to try and encourage people.... Cue shameless-only-tenuously-on-topic plug for my Orkney supplement

https://edwardnind.wixsite.com/orcadianclimbing

Post edited at 15:13
 Nomisr 10 Oct 2019
In reply to henwardian:

Scottish VS..

'....Climb this, razorbills, to its finish, step right to avoid fulmars..'

5b !

)

OP joekell 11 Oct 2019
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

Hi Alan, thanks for your reply, I did try and add a Small boulder/outcrop last week can you let me know if its in que. Andromeda's Stane. I might have done it wrong or in all likely hood, it may have been recorded somewhere else. Couldn't find it in lowland outcrops or boulder Scotland either. 

OP joekell 11 Oct 2019
In reply to henwardian: Thanks Henwardian, was just meaning ukc logs.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...