Monte Rosa area guidebook?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Paul Sagar 16 Jun 2022

Can anyone suggest a good guidebook for climbing around the Monte Rosa area?

Ideally would cover some lower-level cragging and more easily-accessible alpine routes on the Italian side.

Mainly need it to cover a couple of days of acclimatisation time, before being guided on a multi-day 4,000m peak link up.

Cheers!

cb294 17 Jun 2022
In reply to Paul Sagar:

Mani Nude - Arrampicate in Valle d'Aoste for the Western end.

walts4 17 Jun 2022
In reply to Paul Sagar:

There’s a guide book for the ossola valley & also Valsesia valley, rock only, both multi pitch & single. No alpine. 
where will you be based?

MG 17 Jun 2022
In reply to Paul Sagar:

A bit dated  but there is superb alpine one, Monte Rosa by Buscaini. In Italian but very easy to follow.

colinakmc 17 Jun 2022
In reply to Paul Sagar:

My copy of the Alpine Club’s Valais Alps (East) is 1000 miles away(I’m on holiday and it’s not) but if it’s acclimatisation you want that’ll give you some do-able routes at the grade of your choice, I think. 

OP Paul Sagar 18 Jun 2022
In reply to walts4:

Brilliant, thanks all. Just realised my copy of Plaisir Sud has smattering of stuff in the Aosta Valley which is useful. 

Will be driving down with the van so can be very flexible about location - though currently thinking the easiest thing to do would be to stop in Chamonix and do some easy-access routes ok the Aguilles Rouges before moving on to Gressony. 

aostaman 18 Jun 2022
In reply to Paul Sagar:

There's a newer guide than Mani Nude. It's Valle d'Aosta Sport Climbing 2018 isbn 978-88-97765-66-0

The English is very good and it's much more comprehensive. 

cb294 18 Jun 2022
In reply to aostaman:

Thanks! Unfortunately the little climbing I will get done in summer will mean I will probably stick with my old mani nude 2..

OP Paul Sagar 21 Jun 2022
In reply to aostaman:

That’s super helpful to know about, thanks!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...