Millstone Honeypot?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 GStone 23 May 2020

Will Millstone Edge be rammed this weekend? Planning my first trip out tomorrow or Monday and Wye Valley still looks a bit problematic so Millstone was next option.

In reply to GStone:

One of the great things about the eastern edges is how close they are. If Millstone is busy you could drive past 10 other edges with 30mins or so and take your pick in 'real time' as it were. Nobody is going to be able to predict how busy tomorrow will be.

OP GStone 23 May 2020
In reply to Somerset swede basher:

True! I guess it won’t be any worse than if we weren’t just coming out of lockdown!

mrphilipoldham 23 May 2020
In reply to GStone:

The surprise view car Park was very busy at 10am on Friday morning, I would imagine that it’ll be rammed tomorrow/Monday. The lay-by back towards Hathersage was even full. You’ll get parked somewhere mind, but if you’re dead set on Millstone and don’t want a long walk I’d be aiming to arrive extra early.

OP GStone 23 May 2020
In reply to mrphilipoldham:

Thanks for the info. Will be getting there for 8am so hopefully that will be early enough 

marktrik 23 May 2020
In reply to GStone:

Well there's still loads of crags that no one knows about to climb at if u want to avoid the crowds. Easy done in the peak district and worth doing for the time being. 

I've already found a fab bouldering place close to home I've never been to. 

Happy days, well evenings. 

Groundhog 24 May 2020
In reply to GStone:

We are thinking of going to Stanage on Tuesday so will everyone else please stay away

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...