Masson lees conditions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 antcarney 21 Jun 2020

Thinking about a day at Masson tomorrow, just wandering if the routes right of pocket rocket are dry. (Nice one Masson woof justice etc.

climber34neil 21 Jun 2020
In reply to antcarney:

Was wet first thing this morning, then there were people on there , had a couple of very heavy rain showers, if it stays dry overnight i would think it would be ok, the top of that wall does get wet though

OP antcarney 21 Jun 2020
In reply to climber34neil:

Thanks I will have a look 😀

JMarkW 22 Jun 2020
In reply to antcarney:

Did you get there today? Thinking about a visit tomorrow. 

Cheers

Mark

OP antcarney 22 Jun 2020
In reply to JMarkW:

Hi yes, many of the routes had wet streaks right of exo6. Pocket and eye eye where dry as was exo6, Hilti sound was dry along with the others on that end. 

Mowglee 22 Jun 2020
In reply to antcarney:

Climbed there this evening. All the routes around pocket rocket are dry, although Bison Flute was wet on the right where I think you need the footholds. Handy Borehole (6c+) is dry. The Pete Clark Diaries (7a) dry but is terrible so don't do it. Nice One Masson (7a+) is a bit damp just before the crux, and soaked through at the top. The Cows, The Cows (7a+)Masson Accomplished (7a+)Long Black Veil (7a) all fairly wet. There's at least one dead rabbit at the bottom of the crag so the whole place smells foul if there's no wind.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...