Manikins of horror

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Manikins of Horror (E3 5c)Does anyone know where this route goes? I climbed to the slight overhang layback crack, up this past 2 breaks and tricky moves up a thin crack which runs out at a slab and cluster of 3 pegs. There was no tree to traverse left to at previous breaks. It felt pretty tough at e3 5c from the breaks onwards so I wondered was i on the right route? The horror.... the horror 

james.slater 13 Jun 2022
In reply to schrodingers_dog:

Its been a while since I did it, but once youve climbed past the pegged crack, I seem to remember it just wiggling up the line of least resistance on the top slab? The topo line in the guide wasnt too misleading as far I remember. It used to get 6a I think, so that might account for it feeling tough?

In reply to james.slater:

Thanks! In the description it says at the break move left to a tree, which wasn't there (I hadn't read the description before setting off). It would have been the line of least resistance to step left. I wondered what route went straight up from the break at the end of the crack as I couldn't see this in the guide. Just left of the bolted line. You could have reached right and clipped the bolts.....

In reply to james.slater:

Your logbook is inspirational.... cool. 

Gary Gibson 18 Jun 2022
In reply to schrodingers_dog:I kicked the tree out years ago, sorry 

In reply to Gary Gibson:

Where was the tree Gary? I’m guessing you climb up to the first break from the slab / crack and traverse left? 

Gary Gibson 18 Jun 2022
In reply to schrodingers_dog:I can’t re sorry

Gary Gibson 19 Jun 2022
In reply to schrodingers_dog:if I remember rightly the tree was in the top break when it disintegrated and the route gained tge top break and just sort of wandered up the top slab above to a ‘careful finish.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...