Loosing stuff in vogue

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 simondgee 02 Aug 2020

A cursory (well more of a wtf) glance at the lost and found and it looks like loosing stuff at the crag is really in vogue. I haven't done any nerdy graphing stuff but just seems like carnage, not just the odd wire or cam, ropes, racks.
More climbing going on just now than other years?  
More lost and found logging in UKC going on than previously?
Given it seems quite a low number of people claiming stuff that is found ...maybe lots of 'new' climbers with furlough to burn?
A covid symptom? 
Porterage strategy? to save carrying it from the crag and letting someone post it back? 

Upside though litter seems to be really low...we always carry a pedal bin bags and amazingly tidy on the Eastern Grit edges.

wilkie14c 02 Aug 2020
In reply to simondgee:

I noticed someone posted today after loosing a guide at the Roaches! I mean, wtf sort of guide was he to get lost at the Roaches? 

Climber_Bill 02 Aug 2020
In reply to simondgee:

We all lose stuff from time to time. But loosing stuff! How do you do that? Do you tell the stuff that it is now loose to go free? Similar to Free Willy but with climbing gear.

Post edited at 15:31
 Oceanrower 02 Aug 2020
In reply to simondgee:

It would appear we've managed to loose the art of spelling too...

Lankyman 02 Aug 2020
In reply to Climber_Bill:

I've almost loosed the will to live! It's a loosed cause, obviously.

jalien 02 Aug 2020
In reply to Climber_Bill:

For the first half, i genuinely thought this was to do with threads about trundling loose rock - since there have been a couple, so it could be that "loosing" of rock is in vogue right now...

Toerag 02 Aug 2020
In reply to simondgee:

It's not just climbing, our local 'found on the beach' group is full of valuable things people have left on the beach at present.

Offwidth 03 Aug 2020
In reply to Toerag:

I guess on many beaches elsewhere that includes lots of lost social distancing.

Post edited at 07:38

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...