Loose block - Wintours Leap, Fly Wall

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 nikoid 07 Jun 2022

There is a loose block on Firefly (E3 5c) on Fly Wall. It is above the upper break after the hard moves on the crack on the second pitch. It is obviously drooping and ready to go. The block  above and the one to the right are not beyond suspicion either. I'm afraid I was reluctant to go near it as my last encounter with loose rock on Fly Wall didn't end well.  It would need or I would need a long screwdriver or similar that could could be wielded at arms length to pry it out. I'll have a go next time I'm there but not sure when that will be.  In my view I don't think it is feasible or sensible to consider climbing the route thinking you'll be able to climb round it.   

The Pylon King 07 Jun 2022
In reply to nikoid:

In the time it took to mark it and photograph it you could have kicked it off, no?

OP nikoid 07 Jun 2022
In reply to The Pylon King:

Like I said I wasn't too keen to go near it. ( I was lucky not to lose my big toe in an incident last year so please forgive my caution). Feel free to go and kick it off though, I'd rather use some sort of long implement so I can keep out of the way. 

Cheese Monkey 08 Jun 2022
In reply to nikoid:

I'm aiming to inspect/repeg this next week so I'll have a look

OP nikoid 08 Jun 2022
In reply to Cheese Monkey:

Excellent, thanks.

Cheese Monkey 14 Jun 2022
In reply to nikoid:

Well it had obviously worked looser this last week as I just brushed it with my foot as I was moving the ab rope out of the way and it came out, luckily it missed the rope!

Good spot

BStar 14 Jun 2022

Cheers Ben

OP nikoid 15 Jun 2022

> Well it had obviously worked looser this last week as I just brushed it with my foot as I was moving the ab rope out of the way and it came out, luckily it missed the rope!

> Good spot

Thanks again, good work!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...