Lethal Flattery, Pandy Outcrop

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andy Clarke 28 Jul 2020

Making a first visit to Pandy Outcrop tomorrow. Have checked out routes in the Rockfax App, but Lethal Flattery (E2 5c) isn't shown, despite having three stars in the UKC Logbook. It's listed as being on the slab and I guess it may have just gone back to nature. Can anyone shed any light as to where it goes?

Dave Rumney 29 Jul 2020
In reply to Andy Clarke:

from memory it's main line in a separate slabby quarry which overlooks the Pandy hamlet. Probably best to have a look from there to get your bearings. Access to the main climbing area is from above, but keep walking along to top to get to the quarry. The full description is in the old Gary Dickinson Clwyd Guide. I did it over 25 years ago so not sure what state it's in now but I remember a peg being quite crucial. I'm surprised it's been omitted from the latest guide, but then the whole crag wasn't in the previous version (presumably because it's not limestone).

Fiskavaig 29 Jul 2020
In reply to Andy Clarke:

I should take a bow saw, and secateurs, for the gorse bushes. they were taking over the main slab area, last time i was there. 

OP Andy Clarke 29 Jul 2020
In reply to Dave Rumney:

Thanks for the info Dave. Small world - I reckon we were chatting at the bottom of Black Wall at LLanymynech on Sunday, while your partner was on the Direct and mine was on Zeppelin. Had a very enjoyable first visit to Pandy today, but hadn't seen your post at the time. So I can be clear, should we have kept on walking along the escarpment, past the top of the main crag, to get to the quarry? I expect we'll go back, so I'll have another chance to check it out.

OP Andy Clarke 29 Jul 2020
In reply to Fiskavaig:

The popular routes on the main slab were pretty clean, but the crux of one of the less frequented was indeed given extra spice by a large gorse.

Dave Rumney 30 Jul 2020
In reply to Andy Clarke:

Hi Andy,

ah, indeed we were! Yes, cross the fence as for the main crag  and then carry on walking parallel to the fence until you hit the top of it. I have a vague memory of abbing into it. Pinnacle Walls is to the right before you get to the quarry.

Dave

OP Andy Clarke 30 Jul 2020
In reply to Dave Rumney:

Cheers Dave.

Darron 30 Jul 2020
In reply to Andy Clarke:

Pandy is currently in as good a nick as it gets. Did Cannon arête for the first time a few weeks ago - really very good. Also found Face Value well protected. See my note re reduced parking in the crag comments section.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...