Les Branches, Ardeche

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 aksys 29 Oct 2022

Just wondered if anyone has been to this crag, son likes the look of upside down tufa-ness. I've seen one site (possibly old) that suggests that access is now forbidden. The Rockfax guide says that access "gets a bit Indiana Jones".

Any info gratefully received!

Ian Patterson 29 Oct 2022
In reply to aksys:

Probably not that helpful but I had a day there in 2007 (quick climbing day during a family holiday) - pretty impressive crag with very steep cave and still fairly steep wall climbing to the left.  Good in high 6s to 8s range, we did a decent 7a and an excellent tufa 7b+ on the lhs.

Accessed via the campsite, a bit of fairly straightforward scrambling with fixed ropes.  Access via wading the river looked possible as well, particularly later in the summer (we were there in June).  No sun and I imagine cold and probably wet out of season.  Can't help on current access situation.

Simon King 30 Oct 2022
In reply to aksys:

As Ian says. Climbed there a couple of years ago. Doesn't get much traffic so expect some cleaning necessary.

AdJS 30 Oct 2022
In reply to Ian Patterson:

Thanks for the reply, confirms our thoughts. The tufa 7b+ is just the sort of thing he wants to try. We think that it may be possible to climb there still, but you now have to get permission from the landowner. 

AdJS 30 Oct 2022
In reply to Simon King:

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...