Lead World Championships - results alert

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Hood 16 Aug 2019

Ok I've waited at least a day. Why has there not been a thread about the Lead competitions and the results - either people commenting (have I missed a thread?) - or a news item.

Is it because there were no UK finalists?

Is it because the finals were shown live on BBC? - still available on iPlayer.

What are the current scores w.r.t. combined ranking; i.e. boulder x lead and waiting for speed

And for those who don't want to know the Lead results - tough.

Janja won - after winning the Boulder this is seriously impressive and surely newsworthy.

Adam won - 3rd time, after zeroing out in the Boulder final this is seriously impressive and surely newsworthy.

Iamgregp 16 Aug 2019
In reply to Michael Hood:

Yeah weird that there's no thread already...

Watched them in the office whilst at work and introduced my colleagues to competition climbing.  Answered many questions!

Very impressed with Janja, she's an incredible competitor to be able to win both like that.  

Great to see Ondra is the real Adam Ondra after all, he had me wondering after the bouldering final, but he was very impressive in the lead comp.  Looked really in control till his foot popped, thought he might top it...  

In reply to Michael Hood:

It's because Charlie is pretty busy and has to write these reports after hours of live commentating, then there's also a 9 hour time difference to consider, then we have to wait for the IFSC media team to upload images, then I have to be available to put it all together. 

OP Michael Hood 16 Aug 2019
In reply to Natalie Berry - UKC:

Fair enough - but usually someone starts a thread - I'm just surprised that it was me

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...