Kornati climbing (DWS)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Removed User 30 Jul 2020

Hi Everyone,

I'm going on a little sailing trip to Croatia and am also sailing through the Kornati islands. I've seen the vids of Chris Sharma and Steve McClure doing some awesome DWS there, but I can't find any information on routes anywhere.

Does anyone have an idea where I can find routes in this area? Specifically for DWS..

Daimon - Rockfax Global Crag Moderator 30 Jul 2020
In reply to Removed Usernatipacle:

Hi

Kornati is in a national park and unfortunately climbing is not permitted at this time as far as Im aware.

Cheers

Adam Hill 31 Jul 2020
In reply to Removed Usernatipacle:

Just returned from Dugi Otok, the island just north of Kornati. The Telašćica Nature Park is where the dramatic limestone cliffs are located on the west side of the island. Easy to access with a boat in the morning before the afternoon sea breeze disturbs the millpond flat Adriatic and the small chop makes getting onto the base of a route without having to swim slightly harder.

We didn't use a guidebook, just cruise along the base of the miles of cliff and you'll find a lifetimes worth of problems and routes, can be loose in places. Water is stunningly deep, rock is mostly vertical to overhanging. Enjoy.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...