Knee replacement. Improving the bend

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 David Coley 29 Dec 2019

I'm 18 months post a full knee replacement. I estimate I can bend to about 135deg. Which I believe is quite good.

However, not so good for rock overs etc. So anyone know of some good exercises I might do?

Thanks 

HeMa 29 Dec 2019
In reply to David Coley:

Nope...

But my advice would be to talk to a PT and have them see the paperwork from the knee op.

I'm still very much amazed how things seem to go like this. If you had major surgery, you most likely should have even met the PT a few weeks prior to the operation, then hobble out from the hospital with instructions on what to do with the limp... and a pre booked PT time a week or so after surgery.

I had that (bar the pre op meeting, since me meniscus was fixed in 4 days after I toar it, hence no time). But the PT came to check me in post op recovery and handed me some instructions. I also had the next meet scheduled in a week or so (and in total 10 sessions with PT, which happens to be the amount of PT work that my local NHS equivalent subsidises). Granted this was via private insurance, so private hospital but you get te drift.

GDes 29 Dec 2019
In reply to David Coley:

Seconded for the see a physio. It'll be the best 50 quid you ever spend. 

I had knee surgery last year, admittedly nothing as full on as yours. Saw physio before and every couple of weeks after. Knee was 100% after 2 months 

ian caton 29 Dec 2019
In reply to David Coley:

I thought it depeded on the model. 

Steve Crowe Global Crag Moderator 29 Dec 2019
In reply to David Coley:

Don't over do it...

"A fully bent knee will max out at about a full range of motion of 135° degrees of flexion. As a general rule, a knee flexion of about 125° will allow you to carry out most normal activities. For daily living, a minimum flexion of around 105°-110° is required."

OP David Coley 30 Dec 2019
In reply to GDes:

Hi. Yep seen physio. But a wish for this kind of bend is beyond their experience or expectations 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...