Help with Masters on Climbing Coaching

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Pete E 02 Jul 2019

Calling all climbers and coaches, I need your help. 

I'm studying a Masters degree in rock climbing coaching (Professional Masters in Elite Performance) and for my thesis, I'm investiating the top climbing coaches across Europe. I've got trips planned to Germany, Finland, Sweden and France to visit various people to see how they work, what they teach and how they teach it. 

However this is a part time masters. I have two part time jobs and two young children too and i'm struggling to afford the travel costs. So I've started a crowdfunding page to try and get some help. 

I'm going to publish the results of the study, both in academic papers and with climbing media, to help up and coming coaches better understand how they can coach and what the pros are doing. This is a study that will benefit anyone who wants to go into climbing coaching. 

Any help I recieve would be fantastic and will only be used to help towards travel costs in getting to see these coaches in action. Any surplus cash at the end of the study will be donated to new climbing coaches struggling to get established and afford the costs of courses. 

Please donate if you can spare even a little bit, share and comment to help me further the knowledge of climbing coaches from the pros down to all of us. Many thanks

https://www.gofundme.com/manage/masters-study-on-rock-climbing-coaches 

deacondeacon 02 Jul 2019
In reply to Pete E:

Good luck with that! 

summo 02 Jul 2019
In reply to Pete E:

> ........Any surplus cash at the end....... 

I was thinking of doing a study into the optimism of researchers, any tips? 

OP Pete E 02 Jul 2019
In reply to summo:

> I was thinking of doing a study into the optimism of researchers, any tips? 

Pretty high but not a lot of choice really. That comment was more assure anyone that i'm not planning on spending any of this money on a trip to go climbing somewhere. 

summo 02 Jul 2019
In reply to Pete E:

Ps. 

If your study is worth it's salt, approach companies or even national teams governing bodies for sponsorship, with climbing heading into the Olympics if you want funding you need to be a bit more corporate or business minded.

OP Pete E 02 Jul 2019
In reply to summo:

> Ps. 

> If your study is worth it's salt, approach companies or even national teams governing bodies for sponsorship, with climbing heading into the Olympics if you want funding you need to be a bit more corporate or business minded.

I'm on that too, checking anyone i can think of; the crowdfunding is one option and it's the first one i've gone with and i'm now sending emails and contacting organisations too. Any contacts or recommendations would be great. 

Ian W 02 Jul 2019
In reply to Pete E:

PM'd you.

OP Pete E 02 Jul 2019
In reply to Ian W:

Awesome, thanks! 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...