Harness groin pain

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ron Yeadon 12 Oct 2020

I’ve been having an increasing ache / pain in my groin area over the last few weeks and never really thought that it might be my harness. I think I may not have been wearing it properly and it’s been riding up between my legs for...years...!? Rather than supporting the back of my legs. Anyone else had this and have you switched / or can you recommended a better harness? I have a Black Diamond Momentum harness. 

Howard J 12 Oct 2020
In reply to Ron Yeadon:

Not since I retired the Whillans...

It might be worth getting someone to check the fit of the harness.  But if you've been wearing it like this for years and the pain has only just arisen, maybe have a word with your doctor.

Tigger 12 Oct 2020
In reply to Ron Yeadon:

Groin pain might also be worth getting checked out woth your doctor. I went in with groin pain once, turned out I had a problem with a kidney and the pain was actually refered. Not to worry you, just saying it pays to be cautious.

OP Ron Yeadon 12 Oct 2020
In reply to Howard J:

Thanks yep am going to see a doctor. 

OP Ron Yeadon 12 Oct 2020
In reply to Howard J:

Cheers and yes going to see a doctor 

Cobra_Head 12 Oct 2020
In reply to Ron Yeadon:

You haven't got a bollock jammed have you?

nikoid 13 Oct 2020
In reply to Cobra_Head:

Or unfeasibly large testicles?

OP Ron Yeadon 13 Oct 2020
In reply to Cobra_Head:

Nope! 

OP Ron Yeadon 13 Oct 2020
In reply to nikoid:

Yep

bouldery bits 13 Oct 2020
In reply to nikoid:

> Or unfeasibly large testicles?

Great reference.

Mark Collins 14 Oct 2020
In reply to Ron Yeadon:

I had this about 20 years ago when a buckle on a leg loop came into contact with an inflamed lymph node in my right hand groin, quite a burn. I bought a harness without buckles on the leg loops, and the inflamed lymph node subsided. The inflammation has returned in the last year though, probably ought to get it checked out. If only I could get an appointment with my GP, maybe next year I guess.

Hope it works out 🙂

johncook 15 Oct 2020
In reply to Ron Yeadon:

If it's not medical, it may be that the harness is too small for you and/or the leg loops are too tight. I frequently see harnesses with the leg loops winched in tight enough to be tourniquets! Have you changed size/shape since you bought it?

Cobra_Head 15 Oct 2020
In reply to Ron Yeadon:

> Yep

Do you have photos, for scientific comparison purposes.

bouldery bits 15 Oct 2020
In reply to Cobra_Head:

You know, I keep seeing this thread and thinking that you are advising people to harness the power of groin pain. 

To what end, I cannot fathom.

Post edited at 19:19
 Cobra_Head 16 Oct 2020
In reply to bouldery bits:

> You know, I keep seeing this thread and thinking that you are advising people to harness the power of groin pain. 

> To what end, I cannot fathom.

It's a bit like people telling you to Turn Your Anger Into an Advantage. I often get the missus to give me a severe kick in the bollocks before a climbing trip. I find it ups my grade a notch or two.

Becky E 16 Oct 2020
In reply to Mark Collins:

> If only I could get an appointment with my GP, maybe next year I guess.

GPs are doing phone consultations and then if they need to physically see you they will arrange it.

Mark Collins 16 Oct 2020
In reply to Becky E:

Thanks for your concern but I just seem to get an engaged tone when I ring my GP, and when I go online it says all the booking slots are taken. Not too bothered about this but they texted me, saying it's time to book a flu jab and then same thing happens when I attempt to get one. I've since tried all the chemist's and they're fully subscribed also. It's not all bad though, I had the pleasant surprise of the nhs ringing me in the week and offering me a time and place to get a flu jab, to which I immediately took them up on 🙂

Sorry, went off topic a bit there. 

profitofdoom 16 Oct 2020

> Thanks for your concern but I just seem to get an engaged tone when I ring my GP, and when I go online it says all the booking slots are taken.......

Can you just drop by the surgery? Works for me - the receptionist then gives me an appointment 

Becky E 17 Oct 2020

Fair enough!  Because so much is now being done by phone, the phone lines are under pressure.  The surgery I work at has 2 incoming lines and, and 4 outgoing lines (2 of which were recently added and rely on a slightly dodgy 4G signal).  Unfortunately getting more copper lines installed takes time.

As someone else has suggested, either visit the surgery or drop a note through the door saying it's not urgent but could they please make you an appointment and explain that you have kept trying on the phone.

rgold 17 Oct 2020
In reply to Ron Yeadon:

In addition to the other miseries mentioned, you might have a inguinal hernia.

Mark Collins 17 Oct 2020
In reply to profitofdoom and Becky E:

> Can you just drop by the surgery? Works for me - the receptionist then gives me an appointment 

Yes good point, I have been meaning to do this but have not got around to it. Thanks both.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...