Guidebook challenge in aid of MR :-)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mark Stevenson 25 Mar 2020

In light of the current situation I am running a light-hearted (and lockdown compliant) challenge on the Facebook Outdoor Gear Exchange group. 

Post a photo of a rare or obscure UK rock climbing or bouldering guidebook that you own, that I don't have a copy of and I'll donate £1 to Mountain Rescue! 

That’s regardless of whether the guidebook is for sale or not. The only catch is that if I do have a copy I'd encourage you to make a donation to Mountain Rescue instead

See https://m.facebook.com/groups/423493131097202?view=permalink&id=2843334...

Equally, any discussion on here about your most random, oldest or favourite guidebooks would be a very welcome distraction for the current lack of climbing. 

Martin Haworth 25 Mar 2020
In reply to Mark Stevenson:

I'll make a donation to MR.

Regarding favourite guidebooks, it's tricky, but I'm going to go for Ground Up Gogarth South.

Or maybe I should go for Ground Up Gogarth North...

Maybe it's because we had to wait so long for them.

Deadeye 25 Mar 2020

Nice idea!

Unfortunately I don't do facebook, but I have here what I think is the very first guidebook to climbing in Thailand, which was used for my honeymoon:

Thailande escalades by Francois Burnier and Dominique Potard; June 1991 ISBN 2-9503673-4-8

Do I need to make a donation?

Edit: seems I do!  Just saw your requirement for UK

Post edited at 21:04
 The Pylon King 25 Mar 2020

'The page you requested cannot be displayed at the moment. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may be broken or expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.'

In reply to The Pylon King:

Sorry about that. Unfortunately I'm not exactly sure how Facebook links work, especially to posts within groups. 

Previously I'd have used this forum but FB allows images and with 95,000 members the OGE group probably gets more traffic these days. 

Post edited at 00:25
In reply to Martin Haworth

> Maybe it's because we had to wait so long for them.

Yes, LONG time from the 1990 CC guide (reprinted 3 times) until the two Ground Up guides in 2008 and eventually 2015.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...