Exo6 chipped?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Gambit 05 Jul 2020

Got on Exo6 today (6th July) and found the hold by the 6th bolt has changed substantially since the last time I was on it, about a week ago. The hold used to be poor but you could get a couple of fingers in the back in a couple of places it is now in-cut for both hands. Substantial changing the route, chipped or just brutal cleaning, poor either way!

Dan Arkle 05 Jul 2020
In reply to Gambit:

You might know better than anyone else as its your project.

I've not been on it recently, but I did it, and quite a few other routes at Masson this year -and holds changed on about a third of them during the climbing process!

Paul Sagar 06 Jul 2020
In reply to Gambit:

Good just be the friable rock at Masson? I find it hard to believe in this day and age that anybody would chip routes at an established sport quarry.

Or maybe you've trained so hard that suddenly the holds feel big because now you're so strong?!

Andy Reeve 06 Jul 2020
In reply to Gambit:

A 'beta' comment on the logbooks says that a hold was recently reattached (comment from 1st July, so in the last week). Could it be that the hold broke off then was glued back on so that it now feels a little different? 

Paul Sagar 06 Jul 2020
In reply to Andy Reeve:

Or even that it was broken off, glued back on (when you tried it) and then fell off again (making you think it has been chipped).

i miss Masson Lees. I had such plans for the Black and Overhanging walls this summer

sfletch 06 Jul 2020
In reply to Gambit:

This quote seems appropriate:

”The routes at Masson are reset more often than the foundry” - Anon 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...