dog-ends / Roaches

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 gravy 10 Aug 2022

I went to the Roaches for the first time since the lockdowns and I can report that it was a pleasantly un-littery experience.  During the COVID I was removing tons of party/bbq crap every visit but this time just a single small carrier bag of litter.

However, there were _loads_ of dog-ends and a high concentration of these at the base of climbs. Lots of these were prominently stubbed-out on rocks or bare ground and obviously discarded away from the immediate vegetation.

Please, if you care enough not to start a fire, please also care enough to take your dog-ends home as well.

(also a record: only one "forgotten" bag of dog shit).

Chris Murray 10 Aug 2022
In reply to gravy:

All the Merchant Bankers are queuing at airport check-ins this year!

Jenny C 10 Aug 2022
In reply to gravy:

Far too many smokers belong to the "Apple Core Gang" and seen to think that their fag ends will magically decompose overnight - totally ignorant of the fact that filters contain plastic so won't decompose.

Neil Williams 10 Aug 2022
In reply to gravy:

Never understood why smokers do this, it's as bad as any other littering.  Just carry round a small container to amass them in - old style film canisters were ideal, but there are plenty of other options e.g. a vitamin tablet tube for one.

guffers_hump 10 Aug 2022
In reply to gravy:

You can get Swan Eco Filter Tips (made of paper), which I use if I'm at a festival drinking and smoking. This doesn't mean I can just throw them away but if I do misplace one or two it isn't nearly as bad for the environment as plastic filter tips. They are pretty much as good as the plastic filter tips and have the added benefit of not being plastic.

I do not advocate smoking in anyway, it's horrible.

Trangia 10 Aug 2022
In reply to Neil Williams:

> Never understood why smokers do this, it's as bad as any other littering.  Just carry round a small container to amass them in - old style film canisters were ideal, but there are plenty of other options e.g. a vitamin tablet tube for one.

Yes, they come in a box so once they've chucked the cellophane wrapper away it should be easy to slip the dog ends back into the box, and when that's full it's only one more thing to chuck away rather than lots of little bits

Iamgregp 10 Aug 2022
In reply to gravy:

And here was me thinking that's where The Roaches got it's name from?

Post edited at 16:38

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...