Distance lockdown

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 RHINOS 17 Feb 2021

Need a few opinions about this weekend

As we know we are in a lockdown situation and with warmer weather predicted this weekend i want to go climbing outside. my nearest decent crag is about 30 mins drive away.

we are supposed to stay local for exercise but the government guideline state 'local area'

of course not climbing this weekend wont break any law

your opinions please

dinodinosaur 17 Feb 2021
In reply to RHINOS:

Back under the bridge please

Dog Dave 17 Feb 2021
In reply to RHINOS:

Think it’s been said many times on this forum, if you have to ask you already know the answer.

hope there is something else you can do without driving half an hour from home and still enjoy the weather if it does hold.

Richard Horn 17 Feb 2021
In reply to RHINOS:

Interestingly the government has just responded to British Cycling with what constitutes "local" exercise, and the response was use your common sense.

OP RHINOS 18 Feb 2021
In reply to RHINOS:

The forecast has changed this weekend so a local walk it is.

thanks everyone and stay safe

Bulls Crack 18 Feb 2021
In reply to RHINOS:

Drive faster? 

stp 27 Feb 2021
In reply to RHINOS:

One definition I've heard if takes longer to get there than it does to exercise then you've gone too far. So 30 mins for a day or half day climbing should be fine.

Common sense suggests avoiding the crags that are totally rammed, unless you've had the virus already, so you can socially distance with ease. Though from what I've seen it seems not everyone agrees with that.

In reply to stp:

> One definition I've heard if takes longer to get there than it does to exercise then you've gone too far. So 30 mins for a day or half day climbing should be fine.

So if I travel for 2 days to compete in my 5 day ultra maraton I'm fine?

gravy 27 Feb 2021
In reply to DubyaJamesDubya:

Yes, apart from the fact you're not suppose to stay overnight anywhere so if you're not going to sleep for 9 days and it's one continuous journey I suppose it is ok!

In reply to gravy:

Apart fom the non-essential  travel aspect and whether spending so long on something classifies as  'essential to well being' exercise

Post edited at 08:36

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...