Colehill Quarry

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bolehillbilly 18 Mar 2023

Volunteers from the Peak Bolt Fund have started work on replacing some of the bolts and anchors in Colehill Quarry. The National Stone Centre

The new bolts are 12mm stainless expansions.  We're still awaiting delivery of lower offs so new anchor bolts have been placed and the lower offs will follow, until then original lower offs are still in place.  

Today some significant sections of loose rock were removed  from above the belays on the main (Hamster Wall) face and there's a large amount of debris at the base of the wall.

The climbs between Crinoid Cruise and The Convert are currently a bit dirty and would benefit from a bit of heavy rain and a brush on a dry day.  

There's a lot of work still to do and it's likely to be ongoing over the next few months. I'll make some notes on the logbook pages about the routes as they get sorted.

remus Global Crag Moderator 19 Mar 2023
In reply to Bolehillbilly:

Thanks for the update, and thanks for all the selfless work PBF wads!

HB1 19 Mar 2023

Good news! I still hope to get there again soon (dislocated shoulder notwithstanding)

Gary Gibson 20 Mar 2023
In reply to Bolehillbilly: great effort; if I can help in anyway let me know; I have a number double lower off rings and belays I can offer

Gary Gibson 20 Mar 2023
In reply to Bolehillbilly:I can offer some help and I have about 6 or more stainless steel lower offs with karabiner belays I can also offer; email me at sporsclimbs@btinternet.com

Gary Gibson 

Offwidth 20 Mar 2023

Keep up the good work.

Gary Gibson 20 Mar 2023

I am happy to pop along and help and I about 6 or 7 stainless steel bolt hates with karabiner lower offs if you want them; contact me at sportsclimbs@btinternet. Com

Gary Gibson 

GrahamD 20 Mar 2023

Looking at the debris, that must have been an impressive trundle !

OP Bolehillbilly 20 Mar 2023
In reply to Gary Gibson:

Thanks Gary, I'll drop you an email.

OP Bolehillbilly 20 Mar 2023
In reply to GrahamD:

A couple of big ones, unfortunately they shattered on impact so no new bouldering potential.

UKB Shark 20 Mar 2023

If anybody reading this would like to support the Peak Bolt Fund with a donation that would be very welcome as the fund is currently low.

Bank details: Peak Bolt Fund 544134 50061704

or

https://paypal.me/PeakBoltFund?country.x=GB&locale.x=en_GB 2

Thank you, Simon (also PBF)

ashtond6 20 Mar 2023

Thanks all 

Gary Gibson 21 Mar 2023
In reply to Gary Gibson:

Great  I am not legally allowed to Drive( complicated medical issues) but Hazel will bring me over

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...