Climbing shop deals?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Norris 08 Sep 2019

Hi,

All our climbing kit got stolen from our car yesterday in the eve of a 2 week trip to the dolomites (we should have been arriving today).

Instead were back home trying to sort insurance/car/rescue the holiday. Probably going to head to the lakes for a week and a half.

Does anyone eagle eyed happen to know of any shops around the m5/m6 corridor (travelling up from taunton) that have deals on climbing kit, or that would be up for doing some sort of discount on a very large order? Need a shop rather than online really as dont want to wait for delivery.

Thanks, simon

Post edited at 09:41
 Pedro50 08 Sep 2019
In reply to The Norris:

Special deals aside, one of the cheapest way to assemble a rack quickly from one place would be a Go Outdoors, There's one in Preston just off the M6. 

nniff 08 Sep 2019
In reply to The Norris:

I'd pop into Dick's Climbing in Bristol. Proper shop, not a chain, and I'm sure he would talk sensibly about a deal

OP The Norris 08 Sep 2019
In reply to Pedro50:

We have one near us and the range on offer is quite limited unfortunately. I guess it may be a bit better in stores nearer more climbing areas, so I will keep it in mind. Thanks 

In reply to nniff:

Dicks was my first thought actually. Might pop up tomorrow. Cheers. 

Emilio Bachini 08 Sep 2019
In reply to The Norris:

You can arrange pick up from Rock + Run before you head into the Lakes. If all else fails you’ve got The Climber’s Shop in Ambleside and Needle Sports in Keswick. 

Xavierpercy 08 Sep 2019
In reply to The Norris:

Definitely Dicks

They have a huge range available in everything....cams, quick draws etc. Not too much of a detour. 

cwarby 08 Sep 2019
In reply to The Norris:

Banana fingers is in Brizzol as well.

Worth posting a rough list of stuff nicked? Never know, some eagle eyed bargain spotter on here might notice and report it. 

spenser 08 Sep 2019
In reply to The Norris:

Dick's/ Needlesports will probably do you a deal if you are expecting to stump up more than £500 which a decent rack, pair of halves and a couple of harnesses will set you back by. They often have good deals too.

Rock and Run are pretty reasonable prices, not sure if they would offer a discount.

heleno 08 Sep 2019
In reply to The Norris:

Another vote for Dicks. Great value and know thir stuff

David55 08 Sep 2019
In reply to The Norris:

Needle Sports in Keswick  have an enormous  stock of  climbing  gear.  Not sure about discount, but  comparing on the internet they do good prices.

I went to buy a helmet yesterday  and  tried on around 8 different  models which they had in stock, before making a  choice.

In reply to all:

Thanks for all the responses. I found out we're only insured upto 1 grand of stuff when its nicked from a car, so will have to stump up a fair amount to cover the rest.

A very difficult lesson learned not to be cheap with insurance!

Will nip to dicks tomorrow and hopefully get the bulk bought on the credit card and head to some lakes stores if theres stuff we cant get down south.

Simon

henwardian 08 Sep 2019
In reply to The Norris:

Speak to the shop and have an idea of what you think is a reasonable reduction. If you are spending £1000-£2000 you should be able to get 15% or more off across the board.

Sucks that someone stole all your stuff, I wish a pox on them. And fingers crossed the insurance comes up with the goodies.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...