Climbing on the telly tonight

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Reach>Talent 20 May 2020

Quick heads up - 

Climbing Blind is on BBC4 at 9pm tonight and will be available on catch up soon afterwards. It is really good and worth a watch, several non-climbers I know who have seen it also enjoyed it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000jb7t

kaiser 20 May 2020
In reply to Reach>Talent:

Thanks

elsewhere 20 May 2020

Bump!

Sean Kelly 20 May 2020

The bit on now, climbing down to the foot of the sea-stack...why not abseil?

Sean Kelly 20 May 2020

Actually , that was pretty awesome. Some climber!

baron 20 May 2020

That was absolutely amazing!

elsewhere 20 May 2020

Fantastic programme.

Cake 21 May 2020
In reply to Sean Kelly:

I've not been there, but it is more than a rope-length, and would possibly need three or four abseils. This might take longer than the very long walk down that they had, particularly if they were the first people to try it and would have to find the anchors.

Andy Hemsted 21 May 2020
In reply to Cake:

You're quite correct, sorting out abseils would be worse than the 'path'. There would be loose rock to contend with as well.

I certainly found the descent more scary than the climb. My palms were sweating last night as I watched them going down ....

They commented that they had done worse. I don't think that I have; it's a grade more serious than the Gogarth descent.

Sean Kelly 21 May 2020
In reply to Andy Hemsted:

Funnily, that Gogarth descent immediately came to mind.

I have done some big abs at Lundy with 2 ropes tied together which seemed to work ok. Not been to the OMoH so it was just a possible option for more security when descending with a blind person.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...