Climbing around Ronda (Andalucia)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ryan_ID 15 Aug 2019

Hello fellow pebble wrestlers!

I am heading to Ronda in a couple of weeks with some friends, who don't climb. My first look at some pictures of the area, I thought how great it looks for some climbing.

Obviously being alone in my fascination of gripping some grit, It would be great to find a local guide.

If anyone has any knowledge of guides in the area I could contact, that would be great. I haven't been able to find any yet.

Cheers!

OP Ryan_ID 15 Aug 2019
In reply to Mark Eddy:

Brilliant, thanks

In reply to Ryan_ID:

Hi. I climb regularly in this area and when I don’t have a partner I climb with local guide David Munilla . All round good guy, local climbing guru , guide book writer and English speaker.  dmrd@cop.es

. I recommend him if available. Mention my name.

it will be very hot at the moment so you will need an early start and a north facing crag ( Benaocaz has some sectors like this and is a nice spot)

saludos

Martyn

www.casadelimon.co.uk

Rakim 16 Aug 2019
In reply to Martyn Nicholson:

"Escalar En Cadiz" and "Andalucia" guide books by  david Munilla were really good for when i was staying and climbing in the area. 

a personal favourite for me is Grazalema. it was the highlight of a climbing trip and a non climbing trip. 

the climbing is shaded and with a large cross section of grades. had a lot of fun on the easy and hard. 

non climbing, the town is really pretty and the hill walking behind the town and up the hills are stunning 

Debbibee 17 Aug 2019
In reply to Ryan_ID:

There is also a via feratta in the canyon beneath the main road. Not brilliant but will pass a couple of hours on. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...