Climber's age on action pic - upper limit?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Pylon King 23 Jun 2020

I was wondering at what age would one stop putting the age of the climber in an action pic posted up in the UKC gallery? Also, beyond this, what age would one recommence?

scott culyer 23 Jun 2020
In reply to The Pylon King:

why the importance on mentioning the age? 

NaCl 23 Jun 2020

Its up to you really although if the person is particularly vain that might make a difference.

Just my 2p at any rate

Mike (aged 43 and 3/4)

Jon Read 23 Jun 2020

It's a legal obligation to stipulate the climber's age up to the age of 3 and above the age of 49.

Post edited at 22:27
 Tom Valentine 23 Jun 2020
In reply to Jon Read:

F*ck me! Missed out at both ends!

Mical 24 Jun 2020
In reply to Jon Read:

Why does age have to be a legal stipulation. I can understand mentioning it for certain reasons ie outstanding skill for age. Why mention it for any other reason.

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Lankyman 24 Jun 2020
In reply to Mical:

> Why does age have to be a legal stipulation.

It has to be thus so that people can be suitably judgemental or patronising. I mean if I saw a picture of a kid on an 8a I need to know their age so I can castigate the undoubtedly pushy parents. Similarly, if I see one of yet another coffin-dodger charging up an E6 I can tell them to get real and go to bed with a mug of hot cocoa (milky of course).

Michael Hood 24 Jun 2020
In reply to Lankyman:

I presume you've seen the piccy of Mr Matheson leading quite a hard route on his 70th birthday that he did the FA of over 40 years earlier. Looks quite bold and run out too!

Lankyman 24 Jun 2020
In reply to Michael Hood:

> I presume you've seen the piccy of Mr Matheson leading quite a hard route on his 70th birthday that he did the FA of over 40 years earlier. Looks quite bold and run out too!

Yes, indeed - should know better at his age. His care home needs to be more responsible.

PaulTanton 25 Jun 2020

too much time on your hands mate. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...