Chee Dale Embankment Access?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 sishaw 19 Apr 2021

Anyone know if you can get to Embankment this week. Apparent closures to Monsal trail due to rock fall on trail. Unfortunately even Peak Park info line couldn't help me . Noticed people have logged routes there today though.

Si

Theo Moore 19 Apr 2021
In reply to sishaw:

I haven’t been recently myself but you could take the lower path along the river, walk past The Cornice, turn right, and walk past Two Tier to reach Embankment without using any tunnels. 

OP sishaw 19 Apr 2021
In reply to Theo Moore:

Yes thought that. Was hoping could get through first tunnel.

JMarkW 19 Apr 2021
In reply to sishaw:

Si, If you park at Topley you can always pick up the river at Blackwell Mill?

AnnJ 19 Apr 2021
In reply to sishaw:

I was there on Saturday with no issues, don’t know whether this was before or after the rock fall...

OP sishaw 19 Apr 2021
In reply to JMarkW:

Hi Mark

Yes that's what I thought but there Tweet says no alternative access.

Cheers.

JMarkW 19 Apr 2021
In reply to sishaw:

do u mind having a look and letting me know.....

😉

OP sishaw 19 Apr 2021
In reply to JMarkW:

That is the plan 🙂

Ian65 20 Apr 2021
In reply to sishaw:

Just spotted this on fb.

Peak District National Park

1 d  · 

Monsal Trail - temporary closure notice

From tomorrow (Monday 19 April), the section of Monsal Trail to the west of Millers Dale Station will be closed to all users, with no through route or alternative to Blackwell Mill.

This is due to a risk from falling rocks from an unstable wall above the trail itself. We are working to resolve the issue, but are unable to give a reopening time for the closure.

Updates will be provided across our social media channels and website.

For your own safety and that of others, please adhere to any closures on the trail.

Thank you

OP sishaw 20 Apr 2021
In reply to Ian65:

Yes I saw that. However went today and it's fenced off but nobody there, not dangerous and easy to bypass along the trail or drop down to river. It was great because trail was empty 😁

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...