Brockley Combe, Avon

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 PaulJepson 21 Mar 2020

I saw an old thread about some rock in Brockley Combe (https://www.ukhillwalking.com/forums/destinations/brockley_combe_near_goblin_c...) and wondered if there had been any recent development there? I'm obviously not thinking of going climbing there right now but I went past it today and it looked like there was some potential for good routes (including a nice full-height flake/crack that looked about VS/HVS). There were obvious lines there, and gaps in the ivy that hinted at recent cleaning. 

Does anyone know if it was looked at as part of that GWR guide?

To anyone who may have climbed there, how are the top-outs/is there top-rope potential?

leland stamper 21 Mar 2020
In reply to PaulJepson:

It was considered for GWR guide but as Mark says in the thread link, Martin Crocker was trying to get permission from the owner.  I don't think he did but not certain. Having wandered up and down a few times over the years, it has possibilities, but usually it's green and damp. Even I struggle to get excited by it. Goblin  Combe is just over the hill. 

The Pylon King 22 Mar 2020
In reply to PaulJepson:

It has all been developed by Martin Crocker and myself about 7 years back. Martin had permission from the landowner to develop it (I didnt!). Martin was trying to negotiate an access agreement with the landowner and the plan was/is that if he got an agreement, Martin was going to publish details on his forthcoming website. Thats why I didnt put in the GWR book.

I have no idea what the current situation is with it as Martin refuses to communicate with me. You may be able to find out if you email Martin directly. Good luck with that.

Post edited at 13:36
OP PaulJepson 22 Mar 2020
In reply to PaulJepson:

Merci, both.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...