Brean Down at the moment

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 PaulJepson 02 Dec 2020

Brean Down seems very busy in the logbooks at the minute. Can anyone who's been recently confirm? I'd like to get on the 6cs & 7as but they seem to be getting multiple ticks each day at the minute and I'm trying to be sensible about this whole pandemic thing. I don't know if I've ever seen it getting the kind of traffic it is at the moment; hopefully the walls opening again will reduce the load a little?

I haven't been there this year but I'm hearing rumours of 40-50 people one some days, and given that Boulder Cove is quite a small area, it sounds a bit chaotic. 

fammer 02 Dec 2020
In reply to PaulJepson:

I've taken a few days off work when there's been good weather and it's been rammed, much worse than a usual sunny weekend this time of year. I've heard weekends have been even worse, with queues on most routes, although I haven't been. 

That said, a large cohort of people there were local climbing wall staff, as they were all on furlough - now they'll be going back to work the crag could be less busy. Not having a dig at them at all btw, in their situation I'd probably do the same.

OP PaulJepson 02 Dec 2020
In reply to fammer:

Thanks Fammer, have heard that there have been some UCR/TCA staff parties going on from a few people. 

Cyrees 02 Dec 2020
In reply to PaulJepson:

Very busy on Saturday, apparently the busiest anyone had seen it - but everybody being very courteous, sharing lines politely, and opportunities to keep distance if you wanted to.

Wise 02 Dec 2020
In reply to PaulJepson:

I've been a couple of times during the week when the weather's been good and it's certainly been busy compared to normal. I'd say 30 people at times but not everyone climbing all the time. If you say there's 15 routes that's only 1 pair per route. It was too busy for me personally. Having said that, I thought that with everyone showing consideration for other people and what they wanted to climb it was working pretty well and made me think of climbers as a positive and encouraging bunch who want other people to succeed.

Can't say I saw anything that I would have described as a party.

The Pylon King 02 Dec 2020
In reply to PaulJepson:

It'll be lovely and quiet out at the fort!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...