BMC's new statement/guidance

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Cyrees 12 May 2020

Posted for information, and without comment: https://www.thebmc.co.uk/can-i-start-climbing-and-hill-walking-again

Luke90 12 May 2020
In reply to Cyrees:

Been waiting for this, thanks for sharing.

No real surprises there. Which isn't a criticism, I don't think there was much else they could have said.

euanmci 12 May 2020
In reply to Cyrees:

And here is the updated legislation for England defining the "public open space" that new regulations allow for

"to visit a public open space for the purposes of open-air recreation to promote their physical or mental health or emotional wellbeing"

"(ba), “public open space” includes (a) land laid out as a public garden or used for the purpose of recreation by members of the public; (b) land which is “open country” as defined in section 59(2) of the National Parks and Access to the Countryside Act 1949(a), as read with section 16 of the Countryside Act 1968(b); (c) land which is “access land” for the purposes of Part 1 of the Countryside and Rights of Way Act 2000(c) (see section 1(1) of that Act(d)).”

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020/500/pdfs/uksi_20200500_en.pdf

Neil Williams 12 May 2020
In reply to euanmci:

As far as climbing goes you could probably use:

"(b) to take exercise— (i) alone, (ii) with one or more members of their household, or (iii) with one member of another household;”"

...which was there before anyway.  The change in the advice specifically saying driving any distance is OK is probably of more interest.

The other bit is more related to e.g. sunbathing and the likes.

Post edited at 19:29
 Luke90 12 May 2020
In reply to Neil Williams:

> As far as climbing goes you could probably use:

> "(b) to take exercise— (i) alone, (ii) with one or more members of their household, or (iii) with one member of another household;”"

> ...which was there before anyway. 

Surely that third clause about non-household members is new? Or am I getting guidance and legislation mixed up?

Neil Williams 12 May 2020
In reply to Luke90:

Sorry, point iii is new, but the rest of it was there before.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...