Birch Tree Wall, Brimham.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Slackboot 03 Jan 2020

What a great route! Have done it a number of times over the years but it never fails to impress. It's like a mini adventure. ☺

webbo 03 Jan 2020
In reply to Slackboot:

Rough Wall is much more fun both up and down.

OP Slackboot 03 Jan 2020
In reply to webbo:

> Rough Wall is much more fun both up and down.

That one slipped under my radar. I will definitely give it a go next time, it looks great!  Cheers.☺

mrphilipoldham 03 Jan 2020
In reply to Slackboot:

Quite bold too, took me by surprise doing the lead tick even after seconding it previously!

OP Slackboot 04 Jan 2020
In reply to mrphilipoldham:

> Quite bold too, took me by surprise doing the lead tick even after seconding it previously!

Yes. I know exactly what you mean. There's a photo on this site of Angela Soper soloing it which always impresses me.

OP Slackboot 05 Jan 2020
In reply to webbo:

> Rough Wall is much more fun both up and down.

Had a look at it today but it was very green and damp😞 Weather was drizzly so we messed about under Jokers Wall. Everything is so hard! Cant believe Jokers Wall is 'only' E3! It is desperate. It just made me think how good John Syrett was. It also made me wonder what an E8 must be like if thats E3.. My mind can not even begin to understand the difficulty.. 

Chris Murray 05 Jan 2020
In reply to Slackboot:

Seconded BTW in the summer having led it years ago.

I was surprised firstly at how run out it is. Seems like some of the old placements have blown. And by how worn the route had become compared to many of the other popular routes at Brimham

gallam1 05 Jan 2020
In reply to Slackboot:

I did it in a thick fog, which deadened the sound and made my belayer invisible.

It's a brilliant route and properly memorable.  A bit like Fairy Steps at Stanage I think.

Tom Valentine 05 Jan 2020
In reply to gallam1:

A proper route, in other words.

webbo 05 Jan 2020
In reply to Slackboot:

Jokers wall was graded HVS back in the day.

OP Slackboot 05 Jan 2020
In reply to webbo:

> Jokers wall was graded HVS back in the day.

That does nothing for any tatters of ego I may have left.☺

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...