Big Glencoe linkups

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 kylesmith 12 Aug 2022

I'm in the process of dreaming up some big days out in Glencoe for next spring. Looking to link some classic long routes together in a single push. The Classic Rock routes are an obvious go-to but those gullies are not my idea of a good time... 

What should absolutely be on the list?

In reply to kylesmith:

North face route into Agags is a brilliant solo.

alan moore 12 Aug 2022
In reply to kylesmith:

Some I've done in the past:

Up Shackle, down North Buttress, up Agags, down Curved, up North face route, up January Jigsaw.

Up Mome Rath route, over to Nirvana and Rough Slab, Down to Arrow Route and Archer Ridge.

The Walk followed by several options on the Bunny's Route/zig-zag face.

I haven't linked, Long Climb, Archer Ridge, something on SCNL, then when your are almost at the top of Bidean, it is possible to go down a steep, dirty chute to the base of Crypt Route...

timparkin 13 Aug 2022
In reply to alan moore:

> I haven't linked, Long Climb, Archer Ridge, something on SCNL, then when your are almost at the top of Bidean, it is possible to go down a steep, dirty chute to the base of Crypt Route...

Great combo and a possible finish on Unicorn (SCNL) if you're feeling bold..  (although I've not done myself but few friends have - chossy last pitch was my only memory of negatives)

DaveHK 13 Aug 2022
In reply to kylesmith:

Could work out a first ascensionist link up, choose era according to ability, Naismith, Murray, Smith, Cuthbertson, MacLeod.

Post edited at 15:37
 arose 13 Aug 2022
In reply to kylesmith:

The “poor man’s GC Classic rock link up” is really good. Basically the GC routes in Ken Wilson’s book without the gullies. When I did it I went up the buachaille routes and then ran along the BEMor ridge, round the back of BEBeag up sron na lairig and over sgreamach. You can then contour round SCNl (or go over) and down to Long Crack and Archer ridge. From the top of archer it’s possible to go to the summit of Aonach dubh and traverse a bench into the coire below Church door. Then it’s just Crypt route and the summit of bidean and down to the road. Gives you some amazing running (4 munros) and the better quality climbing at a grade it’s possible to move quick on. 

arose 13 Aug 2022
In reply to kylesmith:

There’s also the 5 or 6 Ridges of the buachaille.  Up and down however you please but left to right would work well

aln 13 Aug 2022
In reply to kylesmith:

What's wrong with you people? Can you not just take your time and enjoy the moment? 

TheGeneralist 13 Aug 2022
In reply to aln:

> What's wrong with you people? Can you not just take your time and enjoy the moment? 

Do you only boulder?

DaveHK 13 Aug 2022
In reply to aln:

> What's wrong with you people? Can you not just take your time and enjoy the moment? 

“I believe God made me for a purpose, but he also made me fast! And when I run I feel his pleasure.”  

alan moore 13 Aug 2022
In reply to DaveHK:

> “I believe God made me for a purpose, but he also made me fast! And when I run I feel his pleasure.”  

Whats that from, Forrest Gump?

DaveHK 13 Aug 2022
In reply to alan moore:

> Whats that from, Forrest Gump?

Good guess, Chariots of Fire.

DaveHK 13 Aug 2022
In reply to aln:

Moments aren't for enjoying at the time, if you try to do that you just spoil them, they're for reflecting on afterwards.

OP kylesmith 14 Aug 2022
In reply to arose:

> The “poor man’s GC Classic rock link up” is really good. Basically the GC routes in Ken Wilson’s book without the gullies. When I did it I went up the buachaille routes and then ran along the BEMor ridge, round the back of BEBeag up sron na lairig and over sgreamach. You can then contour round SCNl (or go over) and down to Long Crack and Archer ridge. From the top of archer it’s possible to go to the summit of Aonach dubh and traverse a bench into the coire below Church door. Then it’s just Crypt route and the summit of bidean and down to the road. Gives you some amazing running (4 munros) and the better quality climbing at a grade it’s possible to move quick on. 

This sounds amazing! Do you know how long it took you? 

Robert Durran 14 Aug 2022
In reply to DaveHK:

Some moments are, some moments are not.

arose 16 Aug 2022
In reply to kylesmith:

Took me 7.5hrs on a very hot day.  I got pretty lucky that no-one was on the long crack or archer when i got there but it would be possible to climb around folks on archer.  I wanted to include some fun running so did the munros but you could just descend curved ridge and then drive or cycle down to the SCNL parking spot depending what sort of day you want.  

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...