Benny beg cafe to close in February

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 rachelSquirrel 16 Jan 2022

At the request of the owners: The cafe in the grounds of the garden center at Benny Beg is to close at the end of February. 

Currently, climbers could use the cafe and then leave their car in the garden center car park with the blessing of the cafe owner. 

However, the garden center is not friendly to climbers and may not permit this from February. The small alternative car park is now the only option

BruceM 16 Jan 2022
In reply to rachelSquirrel:

Interesting.  Thank you for the info.  I wonder if the garden centre people are friendly to the numerous dog walkers who also use the place?

BrendanO 18 Jan 2022

Thanks Rachel, thats a real shame - a climbing venue outdoors, S-facing, and with a cafe and toilets is a very handy thing indeed.

Please pass on my thanks to the cafe for putting up with us climbers for all these years, we always tried to buy something if parking or peeing there. My wife has bought stuff out of the garden centre (if they’re listening)

Andy Gamisou 19 Jan 2022

That's a shame.  We always ended up in the cafe after Benny Beg  when we were billeted near there.  My wife's a sucker for garden centres too (to the point of me having to distract her with some ruse if driving past one¹) so often did both. 

¹ Exclaiming "Hey, I think that's Steve Backshall!" whilst pointing in the opposite direction often works, although she may be cottoning on to that one now.

​​​​

Post edited at 03:45

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...