UKH

Bad Weather Routes in Torridon

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Hey, has anyone got any poor weather route recommendations for Torridon? East Butress on Beinn Eighe looks good. Any others around the mod-diff range that can be bashed up in big boots?
Cheers! 

Mike-W-99 03 Nov 2022
In reply to Oscar Dodd:

Having done it in crap weather - Northern pinnacles of Liathach and back along the ridge.

Doug 04 Nov 2022
In reply to Oscar Dodd:

I've climbed East Buttress when the rock was pretty wet but it wasn't actually raining & it was OK, probably the best choice on the day. Another possible is Lawson, Ling and Glover's Route on Sail Mhor -its listed as a grade 2 scramble, I can't really comment on the grade as I've only climbed it late winter when the first part was snow covered but the rest mostly dry rock

https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crags/beinn_eighe_-_sail_mhor-14765/lawson_ling_and_glovers_route_summer-184377

Mark Bull 04 Nov 2022
In reply to Doug:

>  Another possible is Lawson, Ling and Glover's Route on Sail Mhor -its listed as a grade 2 scramble, I can't really comment on the grade as I've only climbed it late winter when the first part was snow covered but the rest mostly dry rock

In summer, the first part is very steep grass with occasional bits of rock (which are usually damp anyway). It's not hard, but a retreat in the wet would be unnerving. The scree cone approach needs a bit of care - some of it is very mobile! 

There are a couple of good scrambles with nice positive holds on An Groban up near Gairloch: Humpback Buttress (Grade-3) and Right Hand Slabs (Grade-3) 

Post edited at 18:16
In reply to Oscar Dodd:

Cheers all, ended up doing East Buttress - was an ace (but very chossy) route!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...