Andy Pollitt - Podcast Interview

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
jacksonallan 02 Oct 2019

I interviewed Andy Pollitt recently for a podcast I make on Australian climbing. As a Welsh climber who emigrated to Australia, the first half of the podcast covers his early climbing in the UK, and the second half covers his time in Australia. Thought I'd share it here, as UKC was a source of research for me in preparing for the interview, and Andy has done interviews here and been the subject of an interview - so I thought it might be appreciated by the forum membership here.

If you have read Andy's book, or are familiar with his story, it might be familiar ground, but Andy has a way of story-telling that I was glad to capture both on film, and with audio. You can listen to the podcast nearly any podcast app, just search for Andy Pollitt It Was a Wild Ride. Here is a link to the podcast on soundcloud - https://soundcloud.com/thelaybackpodcast/episode-8-andy-pollitt-it-was-a-wi... You can also watch it on YouTube here. -  youtube.com/watch?v=2sIDUToF-q8&

The podcast is just a hobby for me and I punch out about one a month - there is no advertising or sponsorship and I have no intent to quit my completely unrelated day job for it. 

Mick Ward 02 Oct 2019
In reply to jacksonallan:

Wow - great effort for doing this and letting us know about it. Thank you so much. A treat for later (have just had a quick neb and Andy certainly seems to be on fine form). 

Mick

In reply to jacksonallan:

Well done on a great interview. Last time I saw AP was with a beer in my hand listening to Andy play guitar in Geoff Birtle’s garden, I guess around 1990 ish. The years just dropped away watching your video. Andy, glad you’re ok mate.

paul

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...