Walk for Nepal - guided walk, Askham Fell

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.

Saturday, 24 July at 10:00 am

WALK FOR NEPAL - Guided walk: Askham Fell, Cumbria 

Community Action Nepal invites you to join us for a walk in the Lake District, led by professional guides from Due North Events, plus a couple of people from CAN. 

Total walk time: approximately 4 hours. Distance: 13 km / 8 miles. Difficulty: easy to moderate.

Start & finishing point:  Low Sawmill Car Park, Lowther Castle, near Penrith, Cumbria [SatNav: CA10 2HH / Grid Ref: NY 517 241].  Starting at Low Sawmill Car Park, Lowther Castle, the walk will take us along the River Lowther to Helton. The first 2 km is on flat stone tracks. We then climb gradually up to Askham Fell through farm fields. Once we reach the Fell, at approximately 5.5 km, the route starts to flatten out again as we head to The Cockpit, a Bronze-age stone circle aged between 3500-5000 years old. This is a nice place to sit and eat lunch, weather permitting. From the stone circle, we climb slightly 320m to 370m to reach Heughscar Hill, with stunning views across Ullswater, with the Northern Fells, such as Blencathra and Carrock Fell in view, and the Eastern Fells, Helvellyn, St Sunday and Fairfield at the far end of the lake. 

Parking at Lowther is currently free of charge. At Low Sawmill (a short walk from the main car park towards the river), a modest charge of £2 per day applies. This does not apply to (adult) annual pass holders, who can park there free of charge. 

The price to join us on this special walk is £25 per head, which includes the cost of our professional guides and a donation to Community Action Nepal, to help us fund our vital work in Nepal. 

Places are strictly limited and on a first-come-first-served basis. Numbers are limited for safety reasons, and to give you a more personal experience with our guides during your time on the hills.

For further details and how to pay, follow this link: https://www.canepal.org.uk/post/walk-for-nepal 

Doghouse 07 Jul 2021
In reply to Denise Prior CAN:

How much of the £25.00 fee goes to Community Action Nepal?

Linda Orritt 14 Jul 2021
In reply to Doghouse:

It’s probably all of it. Doug Scott and the other trustees never took a penny for the lectures or  food or accommodations- paid for their own fish and chips. ! 
I've never taken a penny from my book profits. Plus I’ve paid for my ticket to this and I pay for the lectures. This charity is all about giving, not taking. 

Doghouse 15 Jul 2021
In reply to Linda Orritt:

Thanks Linda, good to know. 

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...