Stanner's 630 mile Air Ambulance challenge!

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Stanners 14 Jan 2022

Hello UKC! 

I'm Rob (Stanners), an obsessed trad climber and Bristol based Paramedic! In my February annual leave I've decided to raise money for our Great West Air Ambulance Charity to keep the incredible boys/girls and their life-saving helicopter in the air!

The air ambulance are saving lives and supporting us road paramedics every day bringing critical care to the roadside. They heavily rely on charity donations to keep airborne..and that's where I hope you can come in!

I will be running/walking/crawling the South West Coast Path in February

Fundraising for Great Western Air Ambulance Charity (I might need them)

Averaging a marathon every day for 24 days (mostly dark/cold/wind/rain) 

Elevation - 35,000 meters/115,000ft - 4 x the height of Everest 

150,000 calories (some of it not cake)

Sleeping under a sheet outside (technically it’s a ‘bivi’)

Please visit my fundraising page for this big winter challenge!

Please donate whatever you can spare, but I thought a fun suggestion might be 1p a mile to make a £6.30 donation! Please use gift aid if you can!

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/robert-stanfield1

deacondeacon 14 Jan 2022
In reply to Stanners:

Done 🙂👍

FranC 16 Jan 2022
In reply to Stanners:

Also done. Best of luck! I really like running but don't envy you!

OP Stanners 16 Jan 2022
In reply to deacondeacon:

Thank you so much deacon for your generosity! Massively appreciate you donating! Have a superb start to 2022, happy climbing! 

OP Stanners 16 Jan 2022
In reply to FranC:

Thank you FranC, I'm very very grateful for your kind support! Have a fantastic years climbing

OP Stanners 16 Jan 2022

Thanks so much to everyone who has kindly taken their time and hard earned money to donate to our air ambulance so far your help is eternally appreciated by so many people who literally have their lives depend on the service!

Tricky Dicky 19 Jan 2022
In reply to Stanners:

Bon Voyage

OP Stanners 19 Jan 2022
In reply to Tricky Dicky:

Tricky Dicky you are most kind! Thank you for your support! 

Derry 19 Jan 2022
In reply to Stanners:

Donated. Good luck. As someone who has to call on emergency services working at a very busy coastal location in Dorset, the air ambulance is a vital service for us. 
I also had a fundraiser last year on a similarly mad running challenge, so definitely know it will be as much a psychological challenge as it is physical. 

Post edited at 21:05
 freddyK1 20 Jan 2022
In reply to Stanners:

Also done. Best of luck!

OP Stanners 21 Jan 2022
In reply to Derry:

Hi Derry, 

Sounds like you know very much first hand how important the service is. Massively appreciate you taking the time to donate and offer your support in this message. Great effort on your fundraiser last year, it's always good when the head game is as important as the leg game! 

cheers

Rob

OP Stanners 21 Jan 2022
In reply to freddyK1:

Thanks so much mate for donating, have a great start to 2022! 

Linda Orritt 23 Jan 2022
In reply to Stanners:

Best of luck. I hope you get many donations - that will add up to lots of cash! 

OP Stanners 25 Jan 2022
In reply to Linda Orritt:

Thanks again Linda, very kind of you

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...