REEL ROCK 15 Global Premiere – This Weekend!

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 MarisP 08 Dec 2020

4 brand-new films. 1 legendary host. 1 weekend only – Reel Rock 15 global premiere is set for this weekend!

Presented by Alex Honnold, Reel Rock 15 features four epic films, whopping partner giveaways, Q&As with the stars and live interactions.

The Global Online Premiere takes place on Saturday 12 December and is available to watch for 72 hours.

The film line-up includes First Ascent / Last Ascent, starring UK climbers Hazel Findlay and Maddy Cope on a wild expedition to find new routes in Mongolia. Plus lots more climbing action from across the globe.

With $25,000-worth of gear in total, prize draws for climbing swag start as soon as you’ve got your ticket. Plus UK viewers will be entered into an exclusive bonus draw for a Yeti Hopper Flip 12 cooler worth £250!

So grab the snacks, get your mates watching (in their houses), and join Alex and the worldwide climbing community for the greatest stories and sends from the year in climbing – from the sofa.

OP MarisP 09 Dec 2020

A link might help! If you want to see more about the line-up and to buy tickets head to https://www.reelrock.co.uk

ebdon 11 Dec 2020
In reply to MarisP:

Can you only buy tickets in $ from the US website, all the links on the .co.uk site link back to the US pages? 

OP MarisP 12 Dec 2020
In reply to ebdon:

Yep - the films are being hosted by Sender films (the Reel Rock filmmakers) so payments are only able to be made in $ US.  

We're hoping that we may be able to do some theatre shows in the UK in 2021 but that all depends on how the pandemic situation evolves.

Alex Riley 13 Dec 2020
In reply to MarisP:

Some great films, black ice especially is brilliant. Conrad’s Donald Trump impression is pretty good too

Post edited at 11:00
 timparkin 13 Dec 2020
In reply to Alex Riley:

> Some great films, black ice especially is brilliant. Conrad’s Donald Trump impression is pretty good too

I was a little concerned it might end up a bit too 'woke' but it was filmed, edited and presented in a fantastic way. Very moving as well... Have still got to watch Kauk's final part but so far Black Ice was the best of the set.

Alex Riley 13 Dec 2020
In reply to timparkin:

Yeah I had similar worries. I enjoyed the Deep Roots film way more than I thought I would, really interesting.

ebdon 13 Dec 2020
In reply to MarisP:

Possibly the best reel rock selection for a while IMHO. All good films but I particularly liked black ice, well made, fun and thought provoking. I also absolutely loved (spoiler alert) the way they showed Lonnie Kauk pause before finishing the route, captured that weird wonderful but a bit sad feeling of finishing a project.

timparkin 14 Dec 2020
In reply to Alex Riley:

> Yeah I had similar worries. I enjoyed the Deep Roots film way more than I thought I would, really interesting.

Likewise - again it had the potential to be dreadful but ended up really moving. I got the impression Ron is/was a bit of a dick (rightly or wrongly) although he could just be an awkward bugger

Idealstandard 14 Dec 2020
In reply to MarisP:

Did anyone else feel that First Ascent, Last Ascent was a bit flat and out of touch?

The others were all cracking, and Black Ice was particularly well put together and poignant.

Kemics 15 Dec 2020
In reply to Idealstandard:

Not for me. I really enjoyed it. The shots of the camper crawling across the steppe was like something out of a pixar film. I think it just doesnt follow the standard format of climber finds hard route, struggles, tries again, tries, succeeds, comments about how it was never about the grade/difficulty but the journey. Both the film about the french climber on action direct and Lonnie Kauk both followed this format to the letter. I thought first ascent last ascent did a good job of capturing the battles of new routing; it's a lot of crawling through brambles to find short chossy routes

OP MarisP 29 Dec 2020
In reply to MarisP:

If you missed it first time around, Reel Rock 15 is now available to stream until 3 January! Once you buy a ticket you can watch (and re-watch) the whole line-up at any point for 72hrs. For info, head to https://www.reelrock.co.uk/tickets

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...