Provence 10 day Coaching Holiday Easter 2018

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Adrian Berry Global Crag Moderator 28 Nov 2017
premier post photo
This Easter Jude Spancken and I will be running a ten-day climbing coaching holiday in the heart of Haute Provence. We will be climbing on the generously bolted limestone cliffs around the sporty market town of Buis-les-Baronnies.

The Provence Workshop delivers group Workshops, 1:1 coaching days, and evening presentations all aimed to help you improve your climbing ability. The Workshops involve discussion and demonstration of the wide range of skills that will be imparted throughout the week.

What is covered?

Everything you need to improve your climbing: footwork, steep rock technique, strategic planning, onsight tactics, redpoint and flash tactics, overcoming fear of falling, and dynamic belaying. There will also be the opportunity to learn about multi-pitch sport climbing for those interested. The themes of the evening presentations include the psychology of climbing and how to train.

Who's it for?

This trip is suitable for anyone who sport climbs and wants to improve. We recommend you are leading at a minimum of French grade 5 on rock and you need to be keen to push that. Climbing partnerships and individuals are all very welcome.

New 10 day format

This is the first time we have tried a ten-day format. Starting Friday 30th of March, the trip includes six day’s climbing with two rest days so you never climb more than two days in a row. The trip includes Good Friday, Easter Sunday, Easter Monday, and two weekends, so requiring minimal time off work. Rest day activities include checking out the via Ferrata down the road at St. Julien (the largest in France), mountain-biking around the forests, or just enjoying the hot tub.
One day will be dedicated to video feedback, and everyone will have the opportunity of being filmed and to watch the footage later in the day.

What’s included?

The trip includes accommodation, breakfast, lunch, and local transport (you just need to get to Avignon TGV station – or Marseilles airport). There is also the option of evening meals for just €150 for the whole trip and we have climbing kit for hire if you don’t want to bring your own. The trip costs just £590 - £100 is taken as a deposit on booking.

The coaching ratio for this trip is 1:5 and places are limited.

About the coaches:

Adrian Berry has been climbing since 1988 and coaching climbing since 2002 when he began the planetFear coaching programme. Adrian is considered one of the foremost coaches in the UK having worked with a number of individuals, clubs, climbing walls and organisations both in the UK and abroad. He has written two books on climbing technique (Sport Climbing+ and Trad Climbing+) which helped herald the new approach to the teaching of climbing. Adrian’s specialty is helping climbers overcome mental barriers and use good tactics to have the best chance of achieving their goals. He has a broad climbing background which includes competition climbing, sport climbing (8b+), trad (E9) and bouldering (V10). He is also the author of the Rockfax guidebook to Haute Provence and lives in the area with his family.

Jude Spancken is a highly accomplished all-round pro climber. She is passionate about teaching, coaching and transmitting to others how to use body and mind as positively and efficiently as possible in order to find joy, flow and performance on and off the rock. Originally from Germany she has lived many years in Wales and England and today calls France her home. Jude is a holder of the French National Instructing and coaching diploma (BE escalade) and is a qualified Climbing Athletic Coach.

Feedback from our previous Provence Workshops

"Thank you for a truly amazing time on the Positive Climbing week at your beautiful home in Provence."

"I had a great week and learned a ton. I'll probably book into either your Kalymnos trip or the other Font one. The evening presentations were excellent - I found the ones on the mental side of climbing most helpful. I really liked the continuity of doing them after a day on the rock, because everyone was in a focused place to reflect and absorb the information and relate it back to their climbing that day."

"Feeling a lot more motivated now so that’s good. Hopefully will book up another trip soon!"

"Interesting for me was to see how much the fear of falling could hold back people in their climbing even after the fall practice, I know that I was the same three years ago and I’m really happy that with your help I managed to change this behaviour. For myself I now have the feeling that 7a is feasible and I want to try to redpoint as much as possible within this year." a couple of weeks later: "On Saturday I redpointed my 7a project in Malaucène. In the end it did not even feel as if I was climbing at my limit. So again, many thanks for coaching me and helping me to find the right attitude to get my first 7a done. Hope to get some more done within this year."

"A great week which I’ll remember for a long time. Hopefully I’ll make it back again one of these days."

"It's difficult to find fault with any aspects of the course. The coaching was excellent from both of you. The crags that we went to just right for our level, and I appreciated having the video of me climbing. Once again thanks for an excellent week of climbing."

"Thanks for the feedback and also for an excellent week. It's certainly given me the "kick" I needed!"

Full information, photos, and online booking at:

http://positiveclimbing.com/climbing_coaching_holidays/provence_france_clim...

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...